Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker w Extra Freezer Bowl, Orgl $110, Now $39.98, Update $24.98!

See Post # 60 (Thank you maybeebaby08)

Just returned from Williams-Sonoma (Embarcadeo Center, San Francisco) with the last one. I thought $40 is a pretty good price.

Online still shows $59.95:
    http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...1&cm_src=E:SCH
    Last edited by lucy94103; 01-27-2010 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Lower Price Posted # 60

maylips is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The web price has it listed for $59.95. Are the online prices that different?
    Mom to my little girl 3/12/07
    ....and boy 8/04/09

Dr C is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

We love this thing--it's awesome and even for $60 it's a good deal. We have discovered that if you dump in a quart of regular yogurt (any flavor, with some fresh berries or other fruit if we have it) just as you start dinner, by the time you're done you've got excellent frozen yogurt (and my 3 y.o. thinks it's ice cream!). Super easy, super healthy, we do this several times per week.
    My sweet boy 8/06
    My beautiful girl 10/09

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oh my, this is hard to resist...so when you make the yogurt, you don't need to add anything else other than fruit? I would be sold for that alone. Is it true?
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Try 2 cans of coconut milk and a box of vanilla pudding mix. It is the dairy-free 'icecream' that DD ate for a long time. FIL just finished off the chocolate frozen custard I made this week. YUM! I bought mine for $25 at a yard sale, so I'd say getting it new for this price is a great deal.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I can't get the link to post, but I think they have the same one at amazon for about $46 without the extra bowl. I don't have a W-S near me and this would be a lot cheaper than buying from their website. I really don't need the extra bowl. Its called Cuisinart 1-1/2-Quart Automatic Ice Cream Makers on Amazon. Can anyone tell me if its the same thing.=?
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

i actually have 2 of these currently (only bought one, long story)...i think , i can't remember if dh gave one away or not. the best thing about buying at williams sonoma (i think mine was 60 dollars) is that if it EVER breaks, they'll replace it. this was worth it to me because the ice cream maker i got for 30 or 40 at walmart broke. and broken = no good to me. the sales person told me to staple my reciept in my recipe book and i could use that to get a replacement at ANY TIME.

william sonoma also has really good customer service. i hate paying "retail" but in this case it was worth it to me.

is the pudding you use instant? i need to try that -- LOVE coconut milk!!!!

thanks for posting! i'll need to check that out on my child-free wandering tomorrow. i had WS on my list of stops to grab some peppermint bark before it's GONE.

also, thanks PP for the info on the return policy. i hope i don't need it but it's certainly good to know.

To Seitvonzu,

I found two recipes call for instant pudding and one for Kool-Aid in the recipe booklet. I hope it's okay to post them here:

Chocolate Fudgesicle Ice Cream
    Kids love it! It's easy to make and fun to eat. It even stays soft in the freezer.
    Makes: Eight 1/2-cup servings
    2 cups whole milk
    1 4-ounce package chocolate instant pudding

Frozen Banana Cream Pudding
    Children love to help make this creamy frozen dessert...and they love to eat it too!
    3 cups whole milk
    1 4-ounce package banana cream instant pudding

Slushy Kook-Aid
    A refresing treat for busy kids.
    4 cups Kook-Aid, chilled (just this one ingredient!)

It is too easy to be true!

To Justme,

If you are referring to http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-ICE-...2332791&sr=8-1, I think they are the same but with different model numbers: ICE-20 (Amazon) vs. CIM-20 (a Williams-Sonoma exclusive). Hope it helps.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast