Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thx, OP! I got the last one at our W-S, too. It was red and at $39.xx today. I'm so excited!!!

This ice cream maker is very similar to the one we got from Bed Bath & Beyond. It is normally $49.99 but with a 20% off coupon it came to $39.99 plus tax. It does not have a second bowl but I would not have room for it anyway. The one we have occupies a substantial part of our small freezer already. So in case you can't get one at WS, and want to have an option of returning it, BBB could be another place to buy it. HTH!

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...1&SKU=11254055
    Mom to DS born on Thanksgiving 2003

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

So, this one that's referenced by OP on Amazon is 46.25. Sounds like that's a good deal for a similar model? I've been thinking I really should get one b/c with DS's allergies, we never really know for sure if ice cream is safe. This way we would be 100% certain. I love the idea of throwing in some yogurt and fruit!
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

I think that it's the same one as on Amazon. My only gripe about it is the amount of space it takes. And we had to freeze our bowl for couple days before ice cream would freeze in it, but it's probably because of our freezer.
    Mom to DS born on Thanksgiving 2003

Unhappy

i'm sooo not meant to have this!

i was seconds late at WS (having stopped at a WS Home Store first thinking it had both home and kitchen stuff). there was an oh so pretty red one in a box on the counter when i got there. it was unattended but seemed to be with some stuff. when i found the shelf location there was only a stainless one for $80. asked the chick at the counter and she checked the back and such and found none. the red one was rung up and headed out the door in the meantime.

THEN i was perusing the Dillards site since i've got a GC from some returns and saw the white one there for 1/2 price plus off, $22! screwy me, i continued adding stuff to my cart then bouncing over to the Macy's site and when i went back to Dillards to check out, it and 1/2 the stuff i put in there to consider was sold out. UGH.

i know, not meant to be.

I was in Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday and thought I'd check out their Cuisinarts to see if they'd price match. I was suprised to see that theirs is $49.xx, like someone said above. With the coupon, it's close in price to the WS deal (minus the second bowl). Does anyone know why the retail on the WS was so high to start? i can't imagine that a second bowl would add that much more to the price, so I'm wondering if there's a difference in the machine itself. thanks!

lmwbasye is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks, OP. I had a GC so headed down there and they had a red one in the back...rang up $39!! With my GC, I was able to get this and some measuring spoons/cups for $9 OOP.

Thanks so much!!
    Laura Proud Army wife and SAHM to Liam (10/04) and George (10/07)

icunurse is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thanks, OP! I've been wanting one for a while now and with the price and several GC's that I received over the holidays, I got it. The store closest to me still wanted $59, but the next closest had the price reduced and I was headed to that area anyway, so they held it for me. My kids are very excited

I was able to pick up a red one for the $40. They apparently had several in the back and had none on the floor. I can't wait to try it out. Thank you OP!

Sillygirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have the Cuisinart ice cream maker and I do like it a lot. Two things help me get more use out of it - I store the bowl in the freezer, upside down in the bottom drawer, so it doesn't accumulate crumbs. That way it's ready to go. Also, most homemade ice cream recipes contain eggs, which, yuck. My grocer carries Junket brand ice cream mix - sugar and a thickener. Just add milk and cream and whatever mix-ins you want! This way I can use organic milk and cream. If your grocer doesn't carry it, here's the link:
    http://www.junketdesserts.com/
    Katie, Mom to two boys
    Retraining my dopamine circuits thanks to David Kessler, MD.
    Jonathan: Halloween 2004
    Alex: A smidge past Groundhog Day 2007

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast