Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Lightweight stroller for tall people that doesn't break the bank?

Hi all,

I'm looking for a lightweight stroller that is tall-friendly. I am 5'10" and my husband is 6'2". The Graco MetroLite we had for our first child is broken, and we didn't really find the handle to be high enough on it.

As suburbanites, we don't need a heavy-duty stroller. I have arthritis and so would prefer a stroller I can life in and out of the trunk easily. I had, based on the advice of Baby Bargains 8th ed., been looking for the Evenflo XSport Plus, but it appears to no longer exist. Nobody sells it and the manufacturer no longer lists it on the website.

Any recommendations? I'm really hoping to get out of this without having to spend $300 or more on a stroller. I know I could buy a Maclaren or a Peg Perego, but they are really expensive, and I'll likely still need a separate stroller frame for my Graco infant car seat.

Please help!

Andie

I have been very happy with my Graco Mosaic stroller - they run about $100, making a great budget choice (think Graco Ipo with parent cupholder and front bumper bar that allows it to take a car seat) -- I've been using mine since DS was born (lifesaver after unexpected C) and it lives in my car trunk without taking up all the space for other things, perfect for my suburban errand-running, in & out of car lifestyle. (I believe BRU has them stocked in 'Jewel', brown w/ pink, if you wanted to take one for a test spin -- I've been eyeing the 'Mickey Mouse' print if I ever need another)
    Last edited by GraceH; 01-02-2010 at 03:15 PM.
    DS October 2007
    Busy Budgeted Chicagoland Mommy

Kymberley is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I also have the Graco Mosiac, and I really like it! It's lightweight, folds compactly, holds the Snugride when I need it to, and DS is comfy in it. I'd check them out if you can.

jacksmoma is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

baby jogger city mini- handle is super high- y 6'1" hubby even thinks it's tall- a bit high for me at 5'3" though....

Take a look at the Keekaroo Karoo. It's a lovely stroller - comparable to a Maclaren Techno XT, but only $140. It was recently re-designed to make it even better for tall people - the reviews that mention kicking the back were taken into account, and Keekaroo fixed the problem. Awesome customer service. My BIL is 5'10" or so LOVES the handle height. He says it's even better than the Mac. Other things my in-laws think are better than the Mac - the seat is cushier, and the stroller doesn't tip backwards when they take the baby out - even with a diaper bag on the handles.

Reviews
    http://www.amazon.com/Keekaroo-Karoo...2475029&sr=8-1

Photos
    http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=ke...id=47545141485

Feature Comparison with Mac Techno XT
    http://www.keekaroo.com/maclarenvskeekaroo.html

HOWEVER, here's an awesome deal on a Mac Quest (next step down from Techno XT) for just $117 on eBay.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Maclaren-Quest-M...item3a5629536e
    Last edited by smcdonald2; 01-02-2010 at 07:47 PM.

Default Test drove at BRU today

Well, we did some test-driving at BRU today. We liked the height of the Chicco Cortina (which was not lightweight) and the Peg Perego Pliko P3.

The Macs seemed a bit low for my husband. It seemed like there should be some way to adjust the handle height, but we couldn't figure it out standing there in the store.

The Gracos, while they have some good lightweights, are all a bit too low for him. He couldn't push it even with the handle at its highest without having to slouch.

I didn't see Keekaroo at BRU, and I'd hate to buy a stroller without the chance to try it. Do you know of any major brick & mortar stores that sell it?

Thanks so much for all your help. Keep the suggestions coming if you have them!

Andie

Default Peg Perego Si

Anyone have a Si? They didn't have one at BRU today, but now that I've done some more research, it's moved to the top of my list.

jacksmoma is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

i had a si...it's nice but i just did not like it compared to my bjcm...felt "cheapie" and loose....it would be fine for quick trips but i would not have it as an only single

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Maclaren Volo - I'm 5'9" and DH is 6'6". It's his favorite stroller. He kicked the wheels on the Chicco Caddy (now Capri).
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

Inglesina Trip has really tall handles.
    Strollerqueen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast