Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Going to be rough waking up tomorrow morning!

Has anyone else spent the winter break going to bed late and sleeping in? I woke up at 9:30 today- 2.5 hours later than I will need to be up tomorrow. Ugh. Ds1 is almost as bad off but only because we have stayed up late the past 3 nights; the rest of the break we stuck close to his schedule. I picked the wrong 3 days to change his schedule all around!

Did anyone else dig themselves into this hole?

Beth

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Oh man, I've had TWO weeks off. I don't even want to think about tomorrow morning. I've been sleeping until 9 (and getting up then only because DD wakes up). And my feet have gotten very used to wearing slippers all day.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Oh, I'm right there with you. DD1 seems incapable of falling asleep before 11 now, and I can barely get her to budge by 8:30. Um, the bus will be here at 8:30 tomorrow morning!

On the same note, though, does anyone else feel like their real vacation will start tomorrow when the (school-aged) kids are back in school and DH goes back to work?? I'm ready for my routine back, for sure!

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

g-mama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sarahsthreads View Post

On the same note, though, does anyone else feel like their real vacation will start tomorrow when the (school-aged) kids are back in school and DH goes back to work?? I'm ready for my routine back, for sure!

Yes! I am ready to get back into our normal day to day routine, the one where I have about 8 hours a week when all the kids are in school so I can do normal errands, grocery shopping, etc. all alone! As much as I have enjoyed getting out of bed at 8:30 or 9 since the kids have been off school, I am really craving some peace and quiet and structure to our days.
    Kristen
    mama to 3 wild and crazy boys - ages 16, 13 and 11

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sarahsthreads View Post
    Oh, I'm right there with you. DD1 seems incapable of falling asleep before 11 now, and I can barely get her to budge by 8:30. Um, the bus will be here at 8:30 tomorrow morning!

Sarah
    This is us. DS1 has been up until 10:30 the past few nights and not up until 8am. We leave for the bus at 8:15 tomorrow. I meant to set the alarm for this morning to ease into it, but forgot.

It'll be tough tomorrow!

Yes, I am looking forward to school. Tomorrow morning, both kids will go back and I'll have 2.5 hours with just DS2. I can not wait for normal routine to start again.
    Kris

We went to the east coast and stayed up late so coming back to mountain time hasn't been a problem, but it still will be hard to get up right on time.
    Karin & Katie Oct. 2002

Ha. Not to be a one-upper but I have to leave the house at 7:15 tomorrow to go to work! I've been off since the 23rd and enjoying staying up late and sleeping later. Oh well.
    DD '06
    DD '14

Yeah, tomorrow is going to be painful. I'll be up at (shudder) 5:30. And it will be my first full day back at work since the nausea has hit. I didn't have this fun experience when pg with J. Hoo boy. My first period class is in for some good times tomorrow morning!
    Liz
    Proud mama to DS1: 2007
    and DS2:2010

Life is too short to wear boring socks.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by vludmilla View Post
    Ha. Not to be a one-upper but I have to leave the house at 7:15 tomorrow to go to work! I've been off since the 23rd and enjoying staying up late and sleeping later. Oh well.
    Ugh. At least I can hit the bus stop and preschool in my jammies if I have to. I'm not sure I could get all 3 kids and me ready on time. I get up at 6 so we can leave at 8:15. I am glad I'm not you .
    Kris

Quote Originally Posted by vludmilla View Post
    Sadly, I can one-up you. I've been off work since 12/18 (my boss let us work from home that day) and I normally get up at 5:30 to nurse the baby and leave the house by 6:45. Drop the baby at daycare by 7:30, at my desk by 7:45. She's been sleeping in until 7:30, sometimes 8, and is going to hate being woken up at 5:30 again.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast