Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My daughter is 20 months and I still use it sometimes. I ALWAYS use it for airplane travel though. A lot easier to just strap her on and not have to worry about her getting lost or whatnot... she's a Houdini at escaping from her stroller. That said, I don't think I'll be getting rid of it anytime soon... especially when we're planning on more kids.

Oh, I have the Pikkolo and not the Ergo.
    Vanessa

Full-time mommy to Miss Yumi ('08)

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Used our Ergo till DD was about 26 months. I can't imagine getting rid of it at age one - 10-22 months was probably our peak Ergo using period!

for Sandy Hook

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    You are my hero -- you were CHOPPING DOWN A TREE WHILE wearing your 22 month old??

Ok. I need to rethink my whining

Way to go mama!

/hillary
    Lol........sorry... It wasn't me chopping down the tree.....it was DH!! I had DD on my back while DH chopped down the tree........

Ok, now I'm picturing me chopping down a tree with DD on my back.................!!!

Last edited by newg; 01-04-2010 at 11:26 AM.

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Thanks everyone. We don't use ours a lot lately. Tried to use it on New Year's day and DS2 screamed his head off. I have never tried the back carry with him, so maybe I should try that before selling it. He much prefers the Mac Triumph, but I do agree that the Ergo is best for travel. We don't have any traveling planned this year though. Decisions, decisions. I think we used the carrier until 9 mos with DS1.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

absolutely try the back carry. That's the only way I wear mine past a year
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

goldenpig is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I still use my Ergo with my 29 month old daughter. I always use it when we travel, especially to get around the airport. And when we go on hikes, if she gets tired. I mostly still use it in the front carry, but she's light (23 lb). I have another one on the way so it will get even more use. Definitely couldn't live without it.
    Party of five!
    Double big sister
    Big brother
    Little brother

No way should you sell it! Strollers are great but sometimes they just don't work, like when you have a billion steps to climb, or you're hiking or walking on the beach. IME, kids can really change what they like and don't like over time. So we've gone back and forth but I still use my ERGO with my little one and probably still will for a while.

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I haven't used it much since around the time DS turned 2. But I used it a lot between age 1 and age 2. We took DS to the Natural History Museum last week to see the butterflies and used it for the first time in ages, but as a backpack rather than on the front. DH had him on, but he said his back was hurting. We never used it as a backpack in the past so he might not have been adjusted correctly.

boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We haven't used it much recently, but we used it A LOT from about 8 mo. to 18 mo. As others have said, I wouldn't get rid of it yet. You never know when you might want to use it. Oh, and I agree...try the back carry...that's the only way DS likes it now.

I stopped using the Ergo when DS got to be about 28 pounds. I think that was 18 months or so old. The last time I used it, I was shoveling our walk with DS in the Ergo.

Catherine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast