Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sweetum is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default I'm going to explode

they're gone...and so my post is going too ...thanks all for listening...
    Last edited by Sweetum; 02-13-2010 at 02:04 AM.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

6 month visit???? OMG, you need a tall drink, a beach vacation, and an award, in that order! Having my nice ILs over for 6 days would be too much; having your control freak ILs over for 6 months is criminal! Can't you talk to your DH about it? Send them off on a nice vacation somewhere to some other relatives? Yikes! You have my sympathies.

for Sandy Hook

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Egads -- nightmare! So so sorry. Go hide
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Wow - she has some nerve. I agree with pp - is there a way to send them somewhere to 'relax' for a while? I hope their time with you goes very quickly.

Wow. Sounds like a horrible situation! I'm so sorry you're going through this!

IMHO such people deserve the coldest of shoulders and frankly ignoring them. Or you could always divert her by talking about "bean dip". Just like a baby, sounds like she doesn't know how to handle herself, so maybe giving her something else to think about would help.
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

kedss is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We had a six month 'visit' from the inlaws about 3 years ago, we still don't really get along that well, even though they have been living in Iceland the last almost 3 years. (Their choice, but a good one for me). Hugs, I hope you are getting close to the end of their 'visit'.

Kate
    mom to C, 12/03, H, 06/08 and R, 4/11

"When a woman says "What?" It's not because she didn't hear you. Its because she's giving you a chance to change what you said." ~Author Unknown(posting on FB)

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." ~Phyllis Diller

viba424 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Who does six month visits? I'd do a six month run-away-from-home if that were the case! That is long!

Sounds like that is just her personality and style. Its unfortunate. Its probably taken her years to get to that level of yelling and crabbiness too. I hope for the best for you.

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    6 month visit???? OMG, you need a tall drink, a beach vacation, and an award, in that order! Having my nice ILs over for 6 days would be too much; having your control freak ILs over for 6 months is criminal! Can't you talk to your DH about it? Send them off on a nice vacation somewhere to some other relatives? Yikes! You have my sympathies.
    Honestly, at first, I didn't get much past the 6 month thing...then I had to go back and read the rest. Yikes. You said they're leaving soon, so maybe it's just best to try and "not hear" her from time to time. As a PP said, it unfortunately just seems to be her personality. I don't know if what's likely to ensue if you started something up with her would be worth it, unless it guaranteed that they would never, ever come for 6 months again.
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

I totally feel your pain. My MIL, and SILs do a nicer version of this. "Why do you do that? Huh, I've never done it that way". WHO CARES WHAT YOU DO? They have all kinds of helpful suggestions about things that just don't (or shouldn't) matter to them!

I can't even get my head around 6 months! You're a saint.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

6 months?? My head is spinning. I love my MIL, but even I couldn't handle having her visit (or anyone else, for that matter!) for 6 months. Unless I was drinking heavily

You said they're leaving soon, right?
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast