Default Baby Jogger's City Select All-terrain?

We looked at the BJCS today and the sales woman told us it could be a good alternate to true all-terrain strollers, because of the foam filled and air filled rear wheels. I am wondering if anyone has experience with this stroller would have any thoughts as to its functionality. Our use will be for walks on street surfaces (no sidewalks) and in hard packed park atmospheres. I fear the smaller front wheels would act more like standard strollers rather than all-terrain types.
    Side note...does the canopy come off? I've read about head height concerns and thought she said that it could come off.
    Thanks!!

Hi,

On the City Select, that's right that the seat's sun canopy can snap on and off.

As far as it being an all-terrain stroller, I don't know about that. It does have 12" rubbery back wheels, with 8" EVA front wheels. It also has a longer wheelbase than a single stroller, and so it would take more effort to try to steer this stroller over rough terrain with two kids in it.

For streets and hard-packed paths, it would be just fine.

For beaches, uneven rough pavement that can grab the front wheels, or other challenging surfaces, the City Select wouldn't be the best choice. You'd really need a true all-terrain side-by-side with 12" (or bigger) wheels.

Hope that helps!
    Heather
    Owner, PeppyParents

Default thanks

Thanks for the help!!

Another question...Is the BJCS intended more for the 2 child set up? We are having our first and looking toward the future, every post I am reading talks more about it for doubles. Would this stroller be to large or unmanagable for use with just one kid? As you can see I'm a newbie and totally lost in stroller hell right now, so any help/advice would be great!! Thanks!