Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fauve01 View Post
    tonight I'm thinking maybe Salsa Chicken in the crickpot.

Chicken breasts, can of drained black beans, can of drained corn, jar of your favorite salsa. cook all day on low or half a day on high. Serve in bowls with garnish of shredded cheese and sour cream. or shred and mix together before serving with tortillas.
    This is my go to crockpot meal. Love it and it is so easy.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Last night was French toast (made from homemade oatmeal honey bread) and grapes.

Tonight will be ham (frozen Thanksgiving leftovers that I pulled out to thaw yesterday), cous cous, green beans and pineapple.

Catherine

Kymberley is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by infomama View Post
    Just finished prepping Pioneer Woman's lasagna. I bet it's going to be SO good!! Oh and we are eating off the 'good dishes' tonight!!
    Best. Lasagna. Ever.

mommyp is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Crockpot chicken cacciatore! It's from Not Your Mother's slow cooker cookbook, which I got for Christmas so haven't tried the recipe before. It went with my new 6 qt oval crockpot which I really like!
    DD January 2008
    DS September 2011

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Spinach - feta pasta the lazy way (frozen spinach).
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm boiling the chicken bones etc. from the roasted chicken we had last week (I froze the bones) right now. Last night I made chicken pot pie from the Joy of Cooking. With flaky pie crust. It was really good but was only enough for dinner last night and 2 lunches for DH.

I'm debating about the chicken broth. I might make soup but DH hasn't been in a 'soup mood' lately. Maybe cause I've made it about once a week. Last week was turkey and rice soup. I made broth last night and froze it....I dunno. Maybe chicken and dumplings? But that is a LOT like chicken pot pie, just wetter .

I'm thawing out frozen bananas so hopefully I'll be able to make banana bread that we can eat tonight. In the last 2 weeks I've fallen in love with my bread machine, but it is an older one and kind of persnickity about the recipes. If you try to modify it at all the bread turns out really weird, so I'm just going through the recipes in the book and counting my blessings. Plus it gives me something to do with the dagum 3 million frozen bananas I've accumulated. I'm having to work on my timing. This week I've been getting the bread started just in time for us to go to bed when we are done.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

DH is out of town. The kids are having homemade pizza (dough is defrosting in the refrigerator) and I am having leftover chili.

Tomorrow night may be the same thing.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Puddy73 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Maple glazed pork chops and Ina Garten's butternut squash and apple soup. It is COLD here today!
    Jennifer
    Mommy to a big girl and a little girl with a sweet boy in the middle (and always missing our sweet baby boy #2, stillborn 7/12)

"The work of today is the history of tomorrow and we are its makers." Juliette Gordon Low

trentsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Venison chops and gravy. I've never made this before, so I hope it's tasty. DH is a hunter, so I've got to find some way to cook what's in the freezer!
    DS1 11/03
    DS2 5/09

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Slow cooker butter chicken, will add veggies towards the end of cooking (possibly cauliflower and frozen peas/carrots mix), with basmati rice. DH has cooked 3 meals in a row this week without complaint, I have some catching up!

That Salsa chicken in the crockpot sounds yummy! Might do that tomorrow.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast