Jenng is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default The First Years Truefit Premier

I just posted a few minutes ago and forgot to ask a more specific question... does anyone have the Truefit Premier and if so, do you love it or hate it?

It was rated as one of the best for ease of installation, but what about crash testing? In comparison to the Radian, isn't a steel frame stronger than a plastic/foam one? Oh this whole thing is confusing... I thought my car seat craziness would end at the infant seat, yeah right, lol. The only reason I am asking about this seat, is that it looks so much more comfortable than the Radian XT. Although I could be wrong, I haven't seen either of these seats in person.

Thanks to all who read and reply!

My 3 yo far prefers her Radian to the TFP we had for a few weeks last summer. The TFP IS easier to install in more cars and takes up less space front-to-back when installed rearfacing, I'll give it that, but if the Radian fits in your car, it can rearface a heavier kid and is easier to load a kid into and out of because it's so nice and slim. They are both great, both have fantastic crash testing numbers, I'd use either one without hesitation and trust my kid is safe in it.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

Default Great!

Thanks for your advice Julie, I was hoping you would respond

I have an Acura RDX who's lease will be up in the spring... so I am thinking the next car will definitely be bigger, either an MDX, CX9 or AudiQ5. I am hoping I won't have trouble installing the Radian in any of those cars. Wondering now if I need to buy a temporary cheaper seat til I get my new car, ugh. More to think about, lol.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

FWIW I believe that Q5 isn't that much bigger than the RDX, definitely check it out in person. The Q7 is bigger. The Radian should fit in the CX-9, and the MDX because they are larger. So I am assuming your son is outgrowing his infant seat, right? I would measure the top of the seat and if he is within 1" of the top of the seat then it's outgrown. If not then wait as long as possible before ordering the Radian. If you know you are going to be traveling a lot then I might look at investing in something like a Cosco Scenera, or Safety 1st Avenue seat for occaisional use if you really need a new seat now.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Default Thinking the same thing

I think you are right Annie, the Q5 is basically the same size as the RDX. And I am going to measure Daniel in his seat before I put him in something right away. He looked like he was an inch away, but I could be wrong. Waiting is probably a great idea, because I read on carseat.org or one of those sites, that the Radian did not fit well in the Audi A4... My Husband drives the Audi, so we'll have to get a seat for his car as well since these seats seem to all be a pain in the "blank" to install. Oh, just more money, lol... what else is new!