bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Rice cooker recipes?

I have a rice cooker. Not a fancy schmancy one, but one from an Asian foodstore that was recommended for me by a coworker who uses a rice cooker frequently (she even purchased it for me!). Anyway, so far I've used it once with great results. But, I really have no idea what to cook in it and all the instructions are in Chinese.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

larig is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

larig is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

BTW, the book has recipes for both kids of rice cookers (fuzzy logic and the other kind). My favorite (although most simple) in my fuzzy logic cooker is just plain old steel cut organic oats (2/3 cup) and 1 3/4 cup milk and a splash of vanilla, put it on the porridge cycle and you get perfect creamy oatmeal. DS loves it, and I won't eat instant, but I love this with a tiny bit of butter and cinnamon.

I also love to make creamy polenta in mine. Can't remember the proportions off hand (I'll try to look it up), but it's milk and polenta (garlic if you like), stirring every 15 minutes. when you are done with it you mix in a little marscapone and parm to finish. Sooooo good with a Bolognese.
    Last edited by larig; 02-17-2010 at 12:11 PM. Reason: typo