Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs down

I have been buying the cotton undies for years too! I recently ran in abd bought 5 more pairs- I noticed there was a different band, but didnt realize anything else had changed. When I got home, I threw them in the wash before even trying them on- stupid me! When I tried them on, I found the whole fit was different and I totally cant wear them. They just do not stay in place normally and are so uncomfortable. I know they wont accept returns once the tags are off...what a waste of money.
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

Quote Originally Posted by happymom View Post
    I have been buying the cotton undies for years too! I recently ran in abd bought 5 more pairs- I noticed there was a different band, but didnt realize anything else had changed. When I got home, I threw them in the wash before even trying them on- stupid me! When I tried them on, I found the whole fit was different and I totally cant wear them. They just do not stay in place normally and are so uncomfortable. I know they wont accept returns once the tags are off...what a waste of money.
    Ouch! Thanks for sharing. I would now have to try everything before washing.
    Mom to DS born on Thanksgiving 2003

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Tondi G View Post
    YUP they killed it for me! I went in with a gift certificate to buy a bunch of new cotton string bikini underwear and they had changed them. On the new ones they skimped and now aren't sewing down the liner in the crotch on one end.... so irritating! I went to the website but all the older style were gone. I even emailed them asking if maybe they had old stock and wanted to sell them off. they said there was nothing left of the old style! DAMN!
    I know - that half-open liner is bizarre! I was desperately in need of new basic undies so I bought 5 anyway (and had a coupon for a free one so got 6). The bikinis fit me fine - the hiphugger is OK but definitely booty hugging. I preferred the low-rise style and definitely the 100% cotton.

So keep your eyes out for another place to get good quality 100% cotton underwear and let us know what you find!

for Sandy Hook

viba424 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Do you remember the cotton undies they had with the wide band of lace trim on the waist? Of course they were my favorite and were discontinued. The gap carries the same ones and are great. They are about the only ones that dont ride on me.

Seriously--with the quality cuts, we should just shop elsewhere!

(But I am a creature of habit and haven't bought bras elsewhere--other than maternity and nursing bras--in years!). I'm not sure where to go to get what I need!
    Lisa
    Mama to Jack (4/20/01)
    and Joshua (11/16/03)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lmintzer View Post
    Seriously--with the quality cuts, we should just shop elsewhere!

(But I am a creature of habit and haven't bought bras elsewhere--other than maternity and nursing bras--in years!). I'm not sure where to go to get what I need!
    Nordstrom.

If no Nordstrom, Frederick's of Hollywood. (Quality at Frederick's is OK, not the best, but in-store customer service is what Vickie's used to be.)

If no Frederick's, find a specialty lingerie shop. You will pay more than at a chain, but you will be sized properly and the customer service should be head and shoulders above anywhere else.

Victoria's Secret is crap; the quality has gone down since at least 1996 and the in-store customer service has suffered in recent years, especially with the focus on the PINK line and a younger customer base. (I swear, if I see another teenybopper in the front of the store browsing all the crappy things, I'll go out of my mind.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lmintzer View Post
    Does the catalog have the same items as on-line?
    yes I believe it does. I almost bought some of the second skin satin panties I used to love in college and pre DD and they were available online. I didn't order because I thought my old size medium would be too small, but the large would be too big. I'll definitely order once I am not pregnant again. I was soo happy to find that they still sold these.

Lizzy, I am 32 I think I stopped shopping at VS on regular basis when I was 26 for the same reason I felt too old to be in there.

I stopped by their cotton panties years ago because I thought the quality had gone down hill.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by viba424 View Post
    Do you remember the cotton undies they had with the wide band of lace trim on the waist? Of course they were my favorite and were discontinued. The gap carries the same ones and are great. They are about the only ones that dont ride on me.
    I used to love those. Will check out the Gap next time I need to stock up. No more VS for sure!

for Sandy Hook

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post

Lizzy, I am 32 I think I stopped shopping at VS on regular basis when I was 26 for the same reason I felt too old to be in there.

I stopped shopping there regularly in college and I'm about the same age as you are. (I'll be 32 at the end of March.)

I think the last thing I bought there was a chemise & robe to wear on my wedding night and through the honeymoon.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    Nordstrom.
    To be honest, I think VS has always had crap quality. I think the last time I shopped there I was 18. Nordstrom has a quality lingerie department. To be honest, I don't buy bras unless they're Wacoal or Fantasie, or something of similar quality. They're more expensive, but last much longer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast