Default Suggestions on Framed Carriers

Any suggestions on a framed carrier?

None. They are very uncomfortable. They throw off your center of balence. They are heavy and bulky (no way can you fold one up and stash it in your diaper bag).

What do you want to use it for? A SSC, like ergo, beco, or calyx will probably suit much better.

My wife and I enjoy going to festivals, hiking, etc. and thought a framed pack would be better.

Your thoughts???

MoJo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We (DH, DD, and myself) all like the Ergo in the back position for that type of thing. How old is your child?
    Jo

DD#1 "JellyBean" 6/08
    DD#2 "Ha" 6/10

"Theory is great, but as I'm in the trenches of diapers and dishes and ear infections, I try to relax and focus on what's most important: love."--mjs64

I really think an ergo/beco/babyhawk oh snap/calyx would still be much better than a framed carrier, even for hiking, etc. Chck out www.thebabywearer.com for more help choosing a carrier.

For serious hiking, a framed carrier is a good choice. But for day trips and stuff like festivals, we prefer a structured buckle carrier (like the ERGO). It's more portable and easier to carry when baby isn't in it. It's also easier to keep baby close in the ERGO - our framed carrier is huge and tends to bump into people in crowded situations. My DH liked the framed carrier and the ERGO the same, comfort-wise, but the ERGO was much comfier for me.

For serious hiking (backpacking over several days, we like our Kelty).

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Kelty is a good brand of framed carrier. I recall people liking the MacPac as well. Tough Traveler used to get mentioned and Sherpani makes them too!

The Ergo may be all you need but if you are doing serious hikes you might like a frame carrier!