Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    wendibird22 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default What double for only occasional use?

Trying to figure out if I need a double and if so, which one. We'll likely only use it occasionally for things such as the zoo, street festivals, a periodic walk into town (sidewalks), and the rare chance that one of us has both kids at the mall (what a nightmare that would be!). So, I don't anticipate needing one until the warmer weather arrives. DD1 will be 3 in July and DD2 will be 6mos. I know there's a lot of BJCED love here, but not sure my usage would warrant that expense. DH is even wondering if we could get away with a wagon instead. That doesn't sound practical to me.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Just remember that no matter how many times you are using it, a cheap stroller will still push like a cheap stroller, and may even be uncomfortable for your children. It is even more important to keep in mind when your children are bigger and heavier. Cheaper strollers usually don't push well with heavier weights, and the seats tend to be smaller. Check out Ebay or CraigsList or Strollerswap for a gently used higher end one, in good condition.
    Strollerqueen

arivecchi is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I would get a used Mac Twin Techno.

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Baby Jogger city micro .. it's without the air tires!

http://www.albeebaby.com/baby-jogger...-in-black.html

AlbeeBaby.com has a coupon code jan2010

here is a Inglesina Twin Swift for 179.99

http://www.albeebaby.com/inglesina-t...blu-notte.html

Would the city micro fit a tall 3yr old?

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Have you considered getting and Ergo or Beco or something along those lines instead to carry your 6 mo? It'd be a lot easier and less cumbersome than a double, esp for occasional use.

jacksmoma is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

i feel your pain, i've got a new bjced and we hardly use it- don't get out of the house with both for long day outtings much, mainly just something quick where a single is fine or we use a shopping cart (ex. target or market). i'd look on CL for a twin mac, you can find one for around $100. i think albeebaby.com has some double mac's on clearance...or the BJ city micro double, the seats are a TON taller than the mini double due to the smaller hood taking up a lot less space at the top of the seats. i'd probally go with the mico since it has that GREAT bj fold hth!

Quote Originally Posted by strollerqueen View Post
    Just remember that no matter how many times you are using it, a cheap stroller will still push like a cheap stroller, and may even be uncomfortable for your children. It is even more important to keep in mind when your children are bigger and heavier. Cheaper strollers usually don't push well with heavier weights, and the seats tend to be smaller. Check out Ebay or CraigsList or Strollerswap for a gently used higher end one, in good condition.
    Amen. So true.

I have both an Ergo and Beco and plan to use them and the single stroller, but I still think it would be helpful to also have a double for situations where I don't want to be one/off with the carrier (like at a water park).

Unfortunately, CL isn't a huge help. For some reason I live in the land were Graco's rule. I've stalked CL for almost a year now and have never seen a double for sale that isn't a Graco.

I'll have to look into the Micro and the Mac.

Albee has the Twin Techno on sale:

http://www.albeebaby.com/maclaren-20...ack-frame.html

I would get a Mac because Macs accomodate taller/older kids better than BJ strollers. I own both a Mac and a BJ stroller. I would have diapers.com price match Albee so you get free next day shipping and free returns. HTH.
    Last edited by arivecchi; 01-20-2010 at 01:31 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast