Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post

Unfortunately, CL isn't a huge help. For some reason I live in the land were Graco's rule. I've stalked CL for almost a year now and have never seen a double for sale that isn't a Graco.

I'll have to look into the Micro and the Mac.
    Do you have any neighboring cities nearby that require more walking to get around? I notice that big cities normally have more used macs, b/c people use their strollers more and are willing to pay more for a nice one.

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Remember, you can always resell after you are done using. Get what you want that fits your lifestyle. I got a BJCSD that I used for 2 years with DD, DS and DN. I'm no longer using it and plan to sell it. It is in really good condition and I know I can recoup a lot of my cost.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

jacksmoma is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by HIU8 View Post
    Remember, you can always resell after you are done using. Get what you want that fits your lifestyle. I got a BJCSD that I used for 2 years with DD, DS and DN. I'm no longer using it and plan to sell it. It is in really good condition and I know I can recoup a lot of my cost.
    this is true BUT if she lives in an area with no nice doubles it may be a big PITA to sell on her local CL...

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by boltfam View Post
    Do you have any neighboring cities nearby that require more walking to get around? I notice that big cities normally have more used macs, b/c people use their strollers more and are willing to pay more for a nice one.
    I wish. I'm in Rochester NY and have searched CL for Buffalo and Syracuse but no luck. I've seen some higher end singles for sale, but not doubles.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksmoma View Post
    this is true BUT if she lives in an area with no nice doubles it may be a big PITA to sell on her local CL...
    You would think that would be the case. However, my area is much the same...overrun by Graco doubles and Baby Trend jogging strollers (or whatever the cheap, popular one is) but nice strollers do pop up and disappear quickly. An overpriced Maclaren double disappeared the day it was posted. Hopefully, it would be the same case in Rochester.

MoJo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm in a very similar position to the OP, except my children will be 6 months closer in age, and spending more than $200 is really not an option. Searching CL for both of the closest cities hasn't turned up anything so far, but I just started looking.

I have a Baby Trend single jogger that a friend gave me as a hand-me-down. I love it for trips to the Post Office and the park. And I noticed that the Baby Trend Double Jogger on Target's website has pretty good reviews. I've never had the opportunity to see, much less try, any of the nicer strollers. So I'm wondering if it would be fine for us?

So far the ONLY double I've seen in person at a store is the Graco DuoGlider. Four different stores in our area carry that, and nothing else. We do have a Graco carseat, but the DuoGlider seems universally hated here and gets very mixed reviews at Target.

After all the reviews I've read, I'm guessing I'm going to have a hard time finding anything I can keep in the trunk like we're doing now. If I can at least find something I can put in the trunk for the mall, zoo or a park that's not in walking distance, I'll try to be happy with that.
    Jo

DD#1 "JellyBean" 6/08
    DD#2 "Ha" 6/10

"Theory is great, but as I'm in the trenches of diapers and dishes and ear infections, I try to relax and focus on what's most important: love."--mjs64

Quote Originally Posted by MoJo View Post
    I'm in a very similar position to the OP, except my children will be 6 months closer in age, and spending more than $200 is really not an option. Searching CL for both of the closest cities hasn't turned up anything so far, but I just started looking.

I have a Baby Trend single jogger that a friend gave me as a hand-me-down. I love it for trips to the Post Office and the park. And I noticed that the Baby Trend Double Jogger on Target's website has pretty good reviews. I've never had the opportunity to see, much less try, any of the nicer strollers. So I'm wondering if it would be fine for us?

So far the ONLY double I've seen in person at a store is the Graco DuoGlider. Four different stores in our area carry that, and nothing else. We do have a Graco carseat, but the DuoGlider seems universally hated here and gets very mixed reviews at Target.

After all the reviews I've read, I'm guessing I'm going to have a hard time finding anything I can keep in the trunk like we're doing now. If I can at least find something I can put in the trunk for the mall, zoo or a park that's not in walking distance, I'll try to be happy with that.
    I looked in my BB book, and the Fields say the Baby Trend double jogger a good stroller for the price and if you don't plan on running with it a lot. It is made of steel, so somewhat heavier than the more expensive models. I read some of the reviews, too, and it sounds like you can fit it in your trunk when you need to. You could look at BRU website, too, for more reviews. Personally, I would go with the jogger over the Duoglider. I have never had either, but the jogger seems a lot more universal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2