MZS V is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default Picture help, please

I viewed the sticky thread about avatar pictures, and I tried what was suggested, and it still isn't working for me. I had an avatar once, and I deleted it to change it to a more seasonal picture, so I know it worked *once*.

I tried getting the picture from my computer, and from photobucket, but neither worked. I tried every code on photobucket. What am I doing wrong? Sometimes it says invalid file; other times it says it's too big, etc.

I appreciate your help.
    Last edited by missym; 01-23-2010 at 03:13 PM.

Mama V
    Psalm 113:9
    DD 09

MZS V is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

OMG, the picture showed up in my help post. Why won't it show up as my avatar?

ETA: I don't mind using it in my siggie instead of my avatar...BUT, when I click on it, it takes me to all my pics in that particular album on photobucket!! How can I protect/change that? Sorry to be so needy, LOL.
    Last edited by MZS V; 01-19-2010 at 09:01 PM.

Mama V
    Psalm 113:9
    DD 09

If you click on "User CP" in the first purple bar under the web banner, then click on "Edit Avatar" on the left hand side, it will take you to where you need to go. For the avatar, it needs to be a smaller sized picture (I am not sure the exact dimensions). If you have a large picture, then you will have to edit it and change the size. After doing that you can upload the edited image as your avatar.

I don't think that avatars will let you click on the picture, but I am not 100% on that. One way you can be sure it won't link it to the photo album is to put the edited picture in a seperate subfolder on photobucket.

There might be an easier way, but this is the only way I know how for sure.

HTH!
    ~Elle

DS1: 10/08 (the “tenager”)
    DS2: 07/18 (the wild one)

missym is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

I think you were getting an error because you were trying to link to an album rather than to an individual picture. I fixed your avatar, so if you want you can remove the link from your siggy. HTH!
    Missy
    Mom to DD1 '03 and DD2 '05

maylips is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Okay, Missy, I need your help too. Trying to download this:

into an avatar and it keeps showing up as "invalid file." I can't find on snapfish where to edit it to make it smaller, so it may be too big. Help?

(Edited to erase link since it was my entire photo book)
    Last edited by maylips; 01-23-2010 at 04:34 PM.
    Mom to my little girl 3/12/07
    ....and boy 8/04/09

Is that the right picture? It kept taking me to a link to order prints, rather than the "main" link for the pic. I think that was the problem.
    Missy

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MZS V View Post
    ETA: I don't mind using it in my siggie instead of my avatar...BUT, when I click on it, it takes me to all my pics in that particular album on photobucket!! How can I protect/change that? Sorry to be so needy, LOL.
    You should edit your original post asap and remove that picture so that others can't click on your whole photobucket album.

maylips is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by missym View Post
    Is that the right picture? It kept taking me to a link to order prints, rather than the "main" link for the pic. I think that was the problem.
    Thanks, Missy! Yep, that photo was it. And if you want to order prints, feel free.
    Mom to my little girl 3/12/07
    ....and boy 8/04/09

Well he is a cutie patootie, that's for sure.
    Missy