Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Does anyone have the lemon chicken recipe that was posted a few weeks ago?I finally got the lemonade concentrate! I should search some more...

Debating that or the garlic brown sugar chicken or the salsa chicken for tomorrow night!

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by alien_host View Post

Also my chicken was a bit dry...do you think maybe I cooked it too long? I did baste it a few times in the last 3 hours. I did 6 hrs on low but it was on warm for a while b/c DH was late coming home. With the sauce it was fine but it wasn't that juicy. I'd still make it again.
    I agree with this. DH tested it at 4 hours and it was done a juicy. I should have taken it off then. I used five breasts and cut them into 4 large chunks. Next time I'll only cook it for 4 hours.

alien_host is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by infomama View Post
    I agree with this. DH tested it at 4 hours and it was done a juicy. I should have taken it off then. I used five breasts and cut them into 4 large chunks. Next time I'll only cook it for 4 hours.

I had 4 boneless breasts that weren't that big so I put them in whole. They are from a Costco/Bjs that come two to a sealed pack. I'll try 4 hrs next time, thanks!

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

YES!! Thank you!

Default More questions....

cause I'm new to this.

1) Should the liquid or sauce ingredients completely cover the meat/chicken? When I made the Garlic Brown Sugar chicken the sauce ingredients did not cover the top of the breasts. I have a 7 qt crock pot Should I have doubled the sauce? Is it normal to have the top part of the meat not in the liquid? Maybe that's why mine came out dry?

2) I know St. Patrick's Day is a while off but has anyone made a boiled dinner/corned beef and cabbage in the crock pot? Any recipes to share?

Thanks!

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Rarely does my liquid/sauce completely cover the meat. With the Garlic chicken we just made..I checked it about 2 hours in and flipped the chicken. All meat will shrink a bit by then. Don't fuss over it just check it once or twice so it doesn't get narsty and dry. I think the original cooking time was just a tad long for that recipe.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

2) I know St. Patrick's Day is a while off but has anyone made a boiled dinner/corned beef and cabbage in the crock pot? Any recipes to share?

Thanks!
    Yes, but I do it without the cabbage. (DH doesn't eat it, so I made it for myself 'Good Eats' style from the episode "Corn the Beef": http://www.foodnetwork.com/good-eats...eef/index.html)

I do whole new potatoes (skin on; scrubbed, sometimes halved, sometimes not) & peeled, thick carrots on the bottom, brisket on top (trimmed of some fat; cut in half if it doesn't fit into my Crock) add extra corning spices & a little water. Leave it on LOW for up to 8 hours.

Meat falls apart, potatoes taste like meat & spices and the carrots are less for eating then and more for their flavor to the dish.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

I made this tonight....OMG it is SO yummy!!!!

Thanks
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

catpagmo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Just wanted to say THANKS for posting that chicken recipe! Made it last night, and it was very, very good. And easy too!
    DD 12/05
    DS 02/09

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

~Franklin D. Roosevelt

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast