Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default s/o: what was your wedding cake?

How many tiers? What flavors? frosting? what kind of design on the outside?

Ours was 3 tiers. The top, and bottom tiers were plain vanilla cake with chocolate icing in the middle, and the middle layer was chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream in the middle. The cake was iced in vanilla buttercream frosting and had little blue Forget Me Not flowers piped on the side.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Our cake was chocolate with a vanilla bean chantilly cream and fresh raspberries. It was 3 tiers... white with twisting fondant ribbons cascading down and fresh roses all over. It was a beautiful cake and every said it was yummy!

The woman who made it was an independent baker recommended by our caterer.

codex57 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Is it sad that I don't remember. DW likes it when I do the ordering so I was actually pretty involved in all the wedding planning so I should know this stuff.

It was 3 or 4 tiers with orchids scattered over it (florist did a horrid job; basically created a orchid waterfall). I think it was vanilla cake with either strawberry or mango filling. Might have been both. Oh well, I know it supposedly tasted good. Sample was good but I don't think we ever had a chance to eat the actual one. Shoot, we barely ate at all that day. We left for our honeymoon right after and had McDonald's at the airport.

Tiramisu! Three lovely cakes of it, entwined on stands with ivy and white roses.

It was both beautiful and wonderful!
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I had to take out my wedding album to look at my cake because I couldn't remember! My aunt made it for us as our gift (she used to be in the business). We never even did a cake tasting. I just told her to surprise us.

It was four-tiered with a thin, lacy kind of piping all around. We had fresh flowers for the topper and some on the cake and under the cake stand.

I know it was all yellow cake. The layers probably had different fillings, but I don't remember. It had buttercream frosting. YUMMM!

DH had a chocolate groom's cake- a Linda's Fudge cake from Cheesecake Factory.

Two tier vanilla buttercream. White buttercream frosting on the outside with light green and dark green jester diamonds on the bottom tier and light green and dark green stripes on the top tier... sounds ugly, it it actually looked and tasted amazing!
    ~Elle

DS1: 10/08 (the “tenager”)
    DS2: 07/18 (the wild one)

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

4 tiers, white cake with raspberry and lemon filling...very thin later of each. White buttercream frosting, basketweave. Adorned with fresh flowers that were insanely perfect. It was so good!

Ours was 3 round tiers--vanilla with lemon filling, chocolate with raspberry fillling, and strawberry with strawberry filling. It was frosted in vanilla buttercream and the tiers were stacked on each other and scattered with sugared rose petals. I had pulled out a picture of a cake from Martha Stewart Weddings, and it was pretty much an exact replica--a pretty but simple cake which was what I wanted. The cake itself was also delicious, so it tasted good, too.

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I can not for the life of me remember what our bottom tier was, but I know the top was key lime. The bottom may have involved strawberries. I can't believe I don't remember!

We had small wedding on the beach in Key West, so we only had the two tiers. They were covered in fondant, and had seashells scattered over them.
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

3 tiers, white cake, raspberry filling, buttercream frosting. I had mini mauve and peach roses cascading down the side of the cake.

Beth

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast