Default Kidkraft Lego Table - reviews please!!

Mixed reviews on Amazon.
    Someone selling one in my area on CL for $40.
    Is it compatible with Duplos AND regular Legos?
    Some people said doesn't work well with Legos.

PLEASE advise if I should go for it or not!!
    Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846
    Mom to DD 7/06, DS1 8/08 & DS2 9/11!

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Get a Nilo table. They work beautifully!
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have one that is very similar to that one (ours had 4 sides though). DS isn't very into Lego, but he seemed to like the tables when I bought it a few years back. It works well for Megablocks, which I think are like Duplos, right? I've never tried a small Lego though, but I just don't see how it would work since the bumps are really big.

The train table side is a joke- it's way to small to build a real set-up on it.

Ours had a chalkboard/dry erase insert too, and those are the ones that actually get a fair amount of use.
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

Duplos and Legos are compatible so it should work for both. A regular lego brick (4x2) fits on one half of the square duplos (2x2). Ds tends to use the Duplos as bases and then builds the intricate parts of the buildings with Legos ~ he can build them higher that way
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

eac is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default have it

we have it and got it about 3 years ago, but to be honest with you, we've NEVER used the lego side of the table top --- we keep it on the other flat side to use for playing barbies, on, etc. it's definitely worth $40 --- I think it sometimes sells for $100. it doesn't work with tiny legos, so as kids get older, it's not like they can put the real small ones on there anyway, just fyi...!

Quote Originally Posted by eac View Post
    we have it and got it about 3 years ago, but to be honest with you, we've NEVER used the lego side of the table top --- we keep it on the other flat side to use for playing barbies, on, etc. it's definitely worth $40 --- I think it sometimes sells for $100. it doesn't work with tiny legos, so as kids get older, it's not like they can put the real small ones on there anyway, just fyi...!
    really!?! thats funny b/c i read a few reviews on walmart that it doesn't work with Duplos either! we already have a train table so this would be specifically for legos. but if Duplos appartently dont work and little Legos dont work, than i should probably assume that the kidkraft "legos" are the only ones that work on the table which the seller isn't selling....?? hmmm....
    Mom to DD 7/06, DS1 8/08 & DS2 9/11!

i have this although i got it at a garage sale for $15 and i really like it. it does seem to fit our duplos tightly enough although not as tight as a duplos plate. i think if DS was into legos he would love it but he is more into his train table than legos. i have kept it around though as a second smaller table for his cars etc. it's good for a smaller room where a big train table is too large.

Quote Originally Posted by vonfirmath View Post
    Get a Nilo table. They work beautifully!
    Since we're short on space, we got the $85 one on blowout that is about the size of the KidKraft table... we love that it's flexible (coloring, playing trains and other things with the inserts out) and that Duplos, Legos, and MegaBlocks maxis fit so nicely on the inserts. http://www.nilotoys.com/at.htm
    DS October 2007
    Busy Budgeted Chicagoland Mommy