Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    cuca_ is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Advice re: Bibbity Bobbity Boutique and CRT

We are going to WDW for the first time in mid April. I think my older DDs would love Bibbity Bobbity Boutique, but I find the tight bun/makeup look slightly overdone. I'm not against makeup in a situation like that, but for some reason the whole look bugs me. WWYD, should I just skip it? Is it really that great? I would only do one of the two lower priced packages.

Also, I am planning on skipping CRT. Does not appeal to me. We have reservations for the princess lunch in Norway. Also have breakfast resservations at 1900 Park Fare.

One last question. How many character meals? I have reservations at Crystal Palace and Ohana. I'm feeling like 4 is a bit much. Am I right or not?

TIA
    Last edited by cuca_; 01-26-2010 at 12:35 PM.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We have never done the Boutique. No desire. I'm sure the kids would love it, but I don't want to spend the money and I think it eats up a lot of time that I would rather spend doing other things. We've done CRT a few times, but I think that the Epcot meal is better. More princesses and better interaction IMO.

We are only doing 3 table service meals (only one character meal) on our upcoming trip. My younger DD does not do well in sit downs, so that is all I think we can manage LOL!!!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We did it at DL and LOVED it. It was so much fun! The makeup was really really soft, mainly just glitter. It looked so cute. We did the $50 package, which included hair (with cute pink extension, though you could pick natural colors or rainbow too), makeup, nails, tiara, drawstring backpack with makeup and nailpolish to take home. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

FWIW, I wear virtually no makeup when I'm not in court and my girls don't get to wear or play with makeup. They know its only for BBB or their ballet performances and dress rehersals. The BBB makeup was far far less than their stage makeup for ballet.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Oh, and on the character meals, I can't speak to the the experience at WDW, but at DL they are cheaper than in-park non-character dining. We did 2 character dining experiences for 3-days in the park last April. Next time we will do at least 1 character dining per day (and we'll be in the park at least 7 days next time).

HTH
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

In general, character dining is significantly more expensive than non character dining at WDW.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

clc053103 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have all boys so we've never done BBB, but the funniest thing I ever heard was a dad on a disney bus referring to it as "Bibbidy Bobbidy Broke". If you think the girls will enjoy it, bring the princess costumes from home so they don't try to sell you on buying one and get whatever level you are comfortable with. I saw several cute girls and several that looked "severe" and some scary Hannah Montanas so I think it is at your discretion what look they go with!

We are not fans of character meals (or buffets) in general- 4 yo DS is actually terrified of most of them- and you're paying a premium for some pretty bad buffets. Ohana and CP seem to get better reviews foodwise, while Norway princess breakfast gets good reviews for princess one on one. I do agree that 4 would be overkill, IMO!

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Never done BBB.

We like character meals. We went to WDW right before my girls turned 3. We were only there two days and did two character meals - Crystal Palace dinner and Tusker House breakfast. We are actually doing both of those again on our upcoming trip in may. I am debating adding another, and we will be there 5 nights. For us it was a relaxing way to meet lots of characters - which my girls loved. I thought the food was fine both places (not spectacular, but not terrible). I am not sure how long you are going, though. I think one per day might be too much (for me and my kids) even though we did it on our shorter trip. I like the theme park meals, so would keep CP and Norway for sure. It seems like the resort ones can be a pain since it can be tricky going between resorts. But Ohana and PF are both on the monorail, so not too bad.

I don't think the ones you listed have no show penalties (definitely check that), so maybe keep them and decide on the fly if you are too tired to go.

eta: I am not sure if it is the cost of bbb that bothers you or just the look, but I think the barber shop does something for girls that is cheaper - just a sprinkling of pixie dust or something (someone else here or on the disboards will probably know what they do)

or I have read that some moms will do a little makeover for their dds in the hotel room - light nail polish, lip gloss, glitter gel, sparkles, hair color (the kind you brush in and wash out) etc. You can control the amount and the look, and it is much cheaper (and allows for mommy/dd bonding.) of course not as exciting as going to the boutique, though. I imagine that I will take glitter supplies this time as my girls are convinced that they are fairies, and I will not be doing bbb.
    Last edited by fivi2; 01-23-2010 at 04:58 PM.

cuca_ is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thanks for all the opinions. I guess the whole look bothers me more than the $. It looks a bit "pageanty" to me. I would probably take it off after one day b/c I would not want them looking like that in so many photos... I don't think we'll do it. Is the tight bun the only hairstyle they offer?

As far as the character dinners, we will be there 6 days. I made a bunch of reservations intending to cancel the ones I decide not to do. Good point about the time spent travelling between hotels. We will be at the Bay Lake Tower and I'm not sure how long a ride it will be to the Poly or GF --- I have not been there in years.

I also don't know how my 2 yr. old will do at sit downs, unlike my older dds the poor thing does not get out much. Maybe I will do some practice runs before our trip. Otherwise, like Beth, I will have to limit sit down dinners.

I'm sure I'm doing all this planning and that a lot of it will go out the window. I'm not even sure if my kids will be scared by the characters or not...

We just got back from WDW last weekend and the BBB look is quite scarey in my opinion. I have to agree with you in that it looks very pageantish.... I can think of a ton of things your money would be better spent on.

As for how your two year old does while dining. The great thing about Disney is everyone's kids have at least one melt down or difficult situtation and nobody cares. We are all in the same boat. So I would try the dining and take it as it comes.
    Last edited by diegosmom; 01-24-2010 at 01:31 PM.

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

My daughter LOVES Bippity Boppity Boutique!! We did the cheapest package
    which is hair, makeup, nails, sash, and goody bag. I brought my daughter's
    Cinderella dress and silver sequin shoes with us.
    There are several different hairstyles to choose. You don't have to pick
    the tight bun although my daughter has pick this one both times. I think
    she likes the tiara that comes with it.

I made her appt. for 11:00am at the Bippity Boppity Boutique in the Magic Kingdom.
    (I was told to allow 45 minutes for her appointment.) Then, we had lunch
    reservations at noon at Cinderella's Royal Table.

FWIW, our appointment at the Bippity Boppity Boutique didn't take 45 minutes.
    It was quick and painless! And my total cost was about $55-60.
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast