Default Single Stroller for Tall Kid 4 1/2

What's the best stroller that's going to get me a few years for the 4 1/2 year old at places like Disney, Sesame Place etc. She's 40 lbs and prob 44 inches tall. I figure I may be looking at a Maclaren unless there's some new ones I have no clue about, needs to recline since she'll prob fall asleep in it at places like that. Haven't shopped strollers in several years!

Thanks ladies, mac here we come!
    Last edited by emily_gracesmama; 02-03-2010 at 10:21 AM.
    Jen

Emily 5/19/05
    Katie 8/14/07
    Chase 10/31/12

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

A Mac for sure.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Yeah, not many lightweight strollers will let you go past 40-45 lbs. Maclarens go up to 55. And I've heard they're the best for taller children.

If you're looking at all-terrain check out Mountain buggy urban, baby jogger city classic or elite, or maybe even BOB (it's debatable if this last one could hold a child that tall). These all go up to 75 lbs.
    -Tess

DD1 4/07

DD2 1/09

DS1 2/12

Running in with a 2009 BOB Duallie Revolution in Navy

Running faster with a 2011 BOB Single Revolution in Plum

Sporting my 2010 Bugaboo Bee+ in Sage, definitely my guilty pleasure

Shopping with a 2010 Black BJCMD

Cruising in an 07 Acura MDX with a Britax Boulvard, Radian, and Graco Snugride all in a row!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetsoul99 View Post
    If you're looking at all-terrain check out Mountain buggy urban, baby jogger city classic or elite, or maybe even BOB (it's debatable if this last one could hold a child that tall). These all go up to 75 lbs.
    I haven't tried DD in Bob Revolution, but I have a friend whose son is just now 5 and a little taller than DD (40") and he still fits in the Bob. I know some people swear their kids outgrow them earlier than other brands, but I would just check in person if your child still fits.

We love our Maclaren Triumph and DD still has lots of room in it. At Disneyland I see all sorts of Macs all of the time with kids as large as 6 or 7 in them. At almost 4 DD will still sometimes sleep a bit at Disneyland if she is tired enough and our Mac has never failed us. It's fold is a great asset for the trams!
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)