Default "Educational" opportunities at WDW?

Since we're pulling DD1 out of K for a week to go to WDW, I thought maybe we could do something vaguely educational with her while we're there. Does the Epcot passport still exist? I thought if it did we could have her fill that out and maybe ask how to say "hello" in each country. Or does anyone have other ideas?

I'm not looking to really make a huge deal out of this, but something fun that's also educational will make me feel a bit less guilty about her missing school!

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

lablover is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Yep, the Epcot passport still exists. DS did it last January and I think it was the highlight of his trip!
    Mom to:
    DS - 2003
    DD - 2006

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We did that last time we were there with Sarah and she really enjoyed it.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I know there is a thread on disboards on this topic, and it has a ton of ideas.
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

There are also Kidcot stops around Future World, and Innoventions is like a hands-on children's museum. The boat ride at the Land is quite educational; my kids love to ride that one over and over again (fortunately, there is rarely a line for it).
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

Thanks - I didn't know there was anything in Future World, we'll have to look for that. I haven't checked out disboards either, so I'll look for that thread.

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

Default Innovations East and West

I would definitely go into Innovations East and West. My 3 yr old and 5 yr old loved it. They like the game where you learn about recycyling and you move a cute little recycling truck from station to station. At each station, you play a little game. At the end of each game, your recycling truck keeps track of your information. At the very end, you dock your truck in a station and it tells you how much you recycled. There s also a simlar game with piggy banks teaching young kids how to save.

In the same buildings, there is a section that teaches you about fire safety. A person will take you through a little house and will teach you what to do in case of fire.

We spent several hours in there.

Pretty much all of Epcot is a learning experience. My son even loved Ellen DeGeneres Energy movie.

Also, we like the Land ride. It was fun to show the kids different ways in which food can be grown. Then, that same night, we ate at the Garden Grill...and as the restaurant rotated, you can see part of the Land ride. We also explaineded to the kids that the vegatables we ate at Disney wee grown right there...and it all clicked with them. For such a young age...they are so bright!! My kids definaitely prefered Epcot over MK.

Have fun!!
    Last edited by Tinkerbell313; 01-25-2010 at 09:39 PM.