jkgal is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

Red face How to Warm a Glass Baby Bottle

Bear with me with this question, but I've been searching on how to warm a glass baby bottle but just couldn't get a definite answer. Would this procedure be correct?

1. Boil the water and put it in a cup / bowl.
    2. Put the glass bottle with nipple and cover of the nipple on the bowl (Would the bottle break???)
    3. Wait for 1-2 minutes before testing the temperature of the milk.

Thanks in advance.

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We would microwave a jumbo/tall coffee mug of water until very warm, and then stand the bottle up in that.

We would never boil the water; there's no need to get it that hot! And for us, having the taller, narrower container made it easier to walk with it without spilling, and more of the warm water hits the bottle. It takes about two minutes to warm a nine ounce formula bottle from the fridge this way.

I would be worried that putting a cold bottle into boiling water would crack it.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I had a bottle warmer. plugged it in and hit the button
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

We use Born Free glass bottles and they warm great in a bottle warmer. The glass bottles are actually very durable.

jkgal is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

we also have the born free glass bottle. what type of bottle warmer did you use?

did u store the milk on the glass bottle inside the fridge?

or use the room tempt bottle with cold milk?

TIA

mecawa is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We used a bottle warmer and sometimes microwaved water in a container and them placed the bottle in that. The bottle warmer worked the best once we were using the 8 oz. bottles, in the early days I was using the 4 oz. ones and I felt the microwaved container of water worked better for that, the bottle warmer sometimes made the 4oz. ones to hot.

We have used this warmer for seven months and it works great. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Munchkin-D...-Free/10099833

Glass bottles do warm faster than plastic so I usually use the half of the vial of water. We use ready to feed formula so sometimes I prefill the bottles and other times not. It hasn't really seemed to make a difference.