Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DrSally View Post
    I think there's a difference btwn a "I'm trying to settle down" wimper and a full on "I need you" cry.
    We did CIO with DS at around 4 months, but it was more like fuss-it-out than full out crying. We had to do it again at around 11months & that involved crying and took about 3-4 of days to settle down. You can give your DD a few minutes to see if she will settle down but if she is crying quite a bit then I wouldn't do it since she is too young. Also make sure she is not hungry or wet or in discomfort before letting her settle down on her own.
    DS - '08

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

So do you think we (DH really) have harmed her by trying it for a few nights? First time mama panic here.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Don't worry, you didn't harm her permanently. I just don't think it is really going to help. They are not capable of soothing themselves at that age, kwim. I remember at that age we did anything to get DS to sleep (ie rocking etc).

ETA - We did go over both Ferber & Weissbluth
    Last edited by slworld; 02-03-2010 at 03:48 PM.
    DS - '08

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I second (or third) the recommendation to read those books. VERY helpful, not just now, but for the long-term. And...to get DH informed, let him read one while you read another. Healthy Sleep Habits is the one we borrowed 3x then bought ourselves. Sleep is vital and it changes so often.

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    So do you think we (DH really) have harmed her by trying it for a few nights? First time mama panic here.
    No. I really liked the Weissbluth book. I think you'll feel a lot more informed after doing some reading.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Ok, so I printed out some info on the Ferber method yesterday and DH and I had a discussion, and now we are on the same page. He had no idea there was a "method" to this whole thing. Phew.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Agree with other PPs. Wait until your baby's adjusted age is 5-6 months.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Also, if you think your supply is dropping (from your other post), night feedings will help that.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Sorry to get this post so off topic, but is this thread looking visually weird to anyone? The headers and formatting are all completely different colors (blues and reds) than the entire rest of the threads (my settings are not these colors). Is it cuz this is Baby 411's forum? I'm really confused. Intersted if this is happening to others?
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    Sorry to get this post so off topic, but is this thread looking visually weird to anyone? The headers and formatting are all completely different colors (blues and reds) than the entire rest of the threads (my settings are not these colors). Is it cuz this is Baby 411's forum? I'm really confused. Intersted if this is happening to others?
    Yeah, the sleep section has different colors. I have noticed this before.
    DS - '08

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast