Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    Sorry to get this post so off topic, but is this thread looking visually weird to anyone? The headers and formatting are all completely different colors (blues and reds) than the entire rest of the threads (my settings are not these colors). Is it cuz this is Baby 411's forum? I'm really confused. Intersted if this is happening to others?
    Yep, I've noticed this with a few other threads too, but haven't kept track of any similarities in where the threads were.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

barkley1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default More CIO ???s

My son is 6.5 months old, and we've never really needed to do CIO going to bed at night and naps - he just closes those little eyes when we sit down in the rocker, and I put him in the crib almost asleep.

However, for MONTHS, he consistently has woken at 5 or 6 in the morning, and I'd really like for him to sleep until 7-ish. Since we weren't comfortable with CIO yet, we've been just giving him a paci in the early a.m. and he will ususally go back to sleep. Sometimes for an hour, sometimes for 15 minutes. So, about half of the mornings, I'm up and down the stairs 3 or 4 times giving him the paci to get us to 7:00 (breakfast time).

My question is: is CIO effective for this time of the morning? I mean, he really is very awake sometimes, up on his hands and knees over near the door, waiting for us. sometimes, he's just stirring. It varies. I'm just really getting tired of being woken up at 5 am every day BTW, he goes to bed at 7:30 and we do get him up to eat at 10 pm, but he hardly wakes up, just eats in his sleep.

TIA!

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by barkley1 View Post
    My son is 6.5 months old, and we've never really needed to do CIO going to bed at night and naps - he just closes those little eyes when we sit down in the rocker, and I put him in the crib almost asleep.

However, for MONTHS, he consistently has woken at 5 or 6 in the morning, and I'd really like for him to sleep until 7-ish. Since we weren't comfortable with CIO yet, we've been just giving him a paci in the early a.m. and he will ususally go back to sleep. Sometimes for an hour, sometimes for 15 minutes. So, about half of the mornings, I'm up and down the stairs 3 or 4 times giving him the paci to get us to 7:00 (breakfast time).

My question is: is CIO effective for this time of the morning? I mean, he really is very awake sometimes, up on his hands and knees over near the door, waiting for us. sometimes, he's just stirring. It varies. I'm just really getting tired of being woken up at 5 am every day BTW, he goes to bed at 7:30 and we do get him up to eat at 10 pm, but he hardly wakes up, just eats in his sleep.

TIA!
    I find that DS2 sleeps longer if he goes to bed earlier. Try putting him down at 6:45/7 instead of 7:30. Sounds crazy but works. Sleep begets sleep. Some babies are just early risers but it's worth a shot.
    Last edited by arivecchi; 02-09-2010 at 03:27 PM.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3