Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    willow33 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddieEthan View Post
    We love Jikos over at Animal Kingdom. The service is great and the food is outstanding. There are so many choices. Even the kids enjoyed their meals...two (ages 9 and 3) ate off of the adult menu...the other two (ages 5 and 6) ate off of the childs menu. They have a large selection of wines as well. Definitely a slower paced restaurant...but well worth the relaxation.
    So good to hear this!! DH and I booked this as our "adults-only" meal one night.
    ~H~

Mom to 3 sweet kids
    2003 ~ 2005 ~ 2009

Quote Originally Posted by clc053103 View Post
    I also loved Yak and Yeti on our last trip!

Anyone ever try Marrakesh (I know I spelled that wrong) in Epcot? My sister is dying to go there. They do have chicken tenders for our kids (that eat next to nothing!)

I think Beth (egoldber) had mentioned they liked Marrakesh.

Marrakesh and either Yak and Yeti or Jiko's are on our list for the next trip
    Last edited by billysmommy; 02-04-2010 at 05:41 PM.
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We tried California Grill and Jiko's on our fall 2008 trip with my parents. All four adults were unimpressed. It was fine, but not great. But IMO, that's typical of the best WDW dining (the worst is a whole 'nother story). Some of it may depend on what you are used to, also.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

g-mama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It's funny how everyone's experiences are so different. We just came back and here are my reviews:

Kona Cafe @ Polynesian - awful - hated it. Only thing anyone liked was the Hawaiian bread they bring out before the meal.

Planet Hollywood (dinner) - loved it

1900 Park Faire (breakfast) - we really enjoyed it but it's a buffet and a character

San Angel Inn (Mexican - Epcot - dinner) - LOVED it. Probably our favorite meal all week

Sci-Fi Drive In - never been before so maybe it's gone downhill but we liked it and the kids loved the atmosphere and they will probably always remember the experience.

The Plaza (MK - lunch) - very nice, good food, relaxing and pretty atmosphere. A good choice.
    Kristen
    mama to 3 wild and crazy boys - ages 16, 13 and 11

We loved Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge too. We are foodies and thought it was as good as some of the restaurants we visit in Chicago. Definitely a nicer restaurant and if you are open to trying new types of food (African), I think this is a great choice.

clc053103 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

It is funny how everyone's experiences are so different! Le Cellier is the hardest ADR to get, and we thought it was so not worth it- ok food, mediocre service in a very small space- not to mention, huge wait times for your ADR's (we waited well over an hour).

We do love Kona for breakfast and we were pleasantly surprised with dinner at 'Ohana.

The best meals we ever had a DW was the ones I make in the hotel. We always stay offsite just to have a kitchen or kitchenette. Most of the restaurants both inside and outside of Disney are overpriced, mediocre, too busy and the service usually isn't the best.

Of coure you will get a ton of people who disagree with me but we live in Florida and go to DW often, we even lived in Orlando at one point and have tried most of the restaurants and we always come to the same conclusion.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Adding some more reviews
    best meals we had were:
    - Cali grill as I mentioned before
    - The Wave
    - Coral Reef (DH's favorite)
    - Liberty Tree Tavern (best food for a Character meal)

Food we didn't care for:
    - Whispering Canyon
    - Ohana dinner (fun time but food was only okay)
    - Hoop De Doo (fun show, would do again but the food was marginal)

/hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Quote Originally Posted by clc053103 View Post
    I also loved Yak and Yeti on our last trip!

Anyone ever try Marrakesh (I know I spelled that wrong) in Epcot? My sister is dying to go there. They do have chicken tenders for our kids (that eat next to nothing!)
    We've liked Marrakesh in the past, though we didn't go this trip.

We just got back today, and the two meals that really stand out were our lunches at Yak & Yeti and Cinderella's Royal Table. The food and service were really top-notch at both places.

We also really liked Tokyo Dining (dinner), San Angel (lunch) and Sunshine Seasons (the CS place in The Land at Epcot).

T-Rex in Downtown Disney had good food, but DH and I *hated* the environment. They sat us in the "Ice Age" room first, and the lighting went from this weird dim blue that was impossible to read the menu by to angry red and everywhere in between, and we had to ask to be reseated because we were both getting headaches from it. We would have left if they hadn't moved us, it was that bad. The kids seemed oblivious.

We did a few other character breakfasts and counter service places, and everything else was in the kitchen in our suite. We really enjoyed our stay at Bay View!

But definitely, if I could pick only one restaurant to go back to next time, it would be Yak & Yeti. We were debating between the Rainforest Cafe, Tusker House and Yak & Yeti, and I'm really glad we picked the one we did!

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

g-mama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sarahsthreads View Post
    T-Rex in Downtown Disney had good food, but DH and I *hated* the environment. They sat us in the "Ice Age" room first, and the lighting went from this weird dim blue that was impossible to read the menu by to angry red and everywhere in between, and we had to ask to be reseated because we were both getting headaches from it. We would have left if they hadn't moved us, it was that bad. The kids seemed oblivious.

Sarah
    Sarah - We have some good friends in Orlando who took us there last Saturday night. OMG, I know exactly what you are talking about in the Ice Age room. Had to pass thru to get to the restroom and while waiting for dh and the boys, I felt like I might pass out. It was AWFUL. I wondered how anyone sitting in there could stand it. The restaurant overall sure was neat, but yikes, that lighting thing was just too much.
    Kristen
    mama to 3 wild and crazy boys - ages 16, 13 and 11

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast