Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

About 2.5. I wouldn't do it unless I had too though, but my kids were climbing out and I wasn't willing to fork over the cash for crib tents.

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DD is 2.5 and still happy in her crib. The big girl bed is set up in her room so she is getting used to it but so far it's only used for reading bedtime stories! I said something tonight about putting her in her bed and she corrected me "Put me in my crib Mommy"
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

mikeys_mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DS & DD#1 - Both were around 2 years old. Both times was because we needed the crib for the next child(ren). Had we not needed the crib I would have left them in it longer. Neither ever tried to climb out and they were both still pretty happy in there.

I plan to keep the twins in their cribs as long as I can.
    DS - 10
    DD - 8
    Twin Girls - 6

We just moved our son at 20 months and he loves it! I was planning to wait but once big boy furniture arrived my husband wanted to try it. Son still a month later wants to nap in his crib - it's working well for us! We have baby 2 coming in 6 weeks so we'll see how that goes.

We made the transition a big deal and he is still in awe of the bed (we got the bedding a few weeks early and made it a fun thing for him to open and look at it). He waits for us to come and get him - helps that we have almost full rails (we got bunk beds and are using only the top one with rails for now).

Good luck!

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Somewhere btwn 3-3.5, can't remember exactly. We got home from a vacation where he slept on the floor and he didn't want to sleep in the crib anymore. I found him asleep on the floor for several night, so we just took the cib down and moved the guest bed into his room. Prior to that he was happy in his crib and didn't get out much. It really varies from child to child, as I have know 18 month olds who have switched to a bed. I cannot imagine my 18 mo old in a bed though!
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

KrisM is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

25 months here. Stupidly, we managed to do both DS1 and DD within a week or so of haivng a new baby arrive. And, the baby slept in a cradle, so it wasn't needed. Nothing like more changes to deal with!

But, really it worked. A few tough nights and then sleep dramatically improved for everyone. It was a good thing.

I've been thinking about when we'll move DS2. He finally has a room that is his own and safe for him. I wonder if he'll move this summer when he's 2. It'll be a bit sad to get rid of the crib .
    Kris

karstmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

he's 3 1/3 & still in a crib. he's short & can't climb out yet, and it doesn't bother me, so there he is.

though we have the plan in place for when he figures out how to vault over - twin bed frame, plywood with tablecloth stapled to it in the frame, crib mattress in a corner of the plywood. because, as i've said, he's short & wouldn't be able to get on a bed with mattress & i don't want to buy a toddler bed unless this doesn't work.
    mama to j karst, former 25 weeker, 12/06

gobadgers is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DD is almost 30 months and still in hrr crib. I keep thinking we'll have to move her soon, but she's so happy in there, has not ever climbed out.

I have a feeling we'll be moving DS out a lot earlier than that...
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

We just moved DD to her big girl bed a few weeks ago, so around 33 months? I thought it was going to be a difficult transition but she did surprisingly well and isn't having any problems taking naps there either. Our only issue is that it seems to take her much longer to fall asleep at night, but at least she's staying put!

melrose7 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DD1 was moved just before 3 so at 34-35 months and did great. She stayed in her bed the first few days before she realized she could get out. I thought she was getting too big for her bed but she never tried to get out. DD2 is almost 32 months and right now we have both cribs (ready for new baby) set up in her room. She can't climb out and likes it in there. So as long as we have 2 cribs we are keeping it that way. We've also told DD2 that she needs to give up her nuk before she gets a big girl bed. She says she doesn't want it then. Thinking sometime this summer though.
    Promoting inclusiveness from within the special needs community
    "Just Include Everybody"
    includestephanie.com
    Stephanie's Shirt Shop on Facebook and Instagram

Mom to
    DD1 7-3-05
    DD2 7-5-07
    DS1 3-23-10

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast