Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    m4nash is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We converted DS1's crib to a toddler bed when he was 13 months. It sounds crazy to me now, but he was a horrible sleeper in the crib and the first night with the side off he slept for 8.5 hrs staight, so we never went back. For quite awhile he wouldn't get out of bed on his own and he continues to take long naps even now at almost 4 years old. We got him a full size bed around 2.5 at which point he started consistently sleeping all night for the first time ever. I think the crib was uncomfortable for him.

DS2 on the other hand sleeps wonderfully in his crib (the same one DS1 had) at 10 months, so I can't imagine moving him any time soon. We are expecting DC3 when DS2 is only 16 months old, so I imagine we'll be getting another crib.

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

3 years and a few months for each of the boys. They both had a crib tent for a good year before moving out, which kept them from climbing out of the crib.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We moved DD1 to a twin bed (mattress on the floor) at 26mos. She did great with the transition. We thought it would be more of a transition and so wanted time before DD2 arrived in case she wanted her crib back. But she never did. She loves her big girl bed. After several weeks we put the mattress on the box spring and put on a toddler rail. We've yet to put the bed on the frame. DH wants to but I'm in no rush.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3