Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by schums View Post
    The day they came home from the hospital. I NEED my sleep, and I can't sleep with baby noises. Plus, neither of us minded getting up and going to their room -- it made it easier for the sleeping parent to stay asleep.
    EXCEPT DH is the one who insisted DD move to her crib as he couldn't sleep with her in our room. I couldn't even use the baby monitor as her breathing kept him awake. Since I nursed exclusively, *I* was the one stumbling to the nursery every 2 hours to nurse for a year until DD1 finally slept through the night (even though I was working 50 hours/week OTH since she was 4 months old!).

His excuse is that he can't fall asleep again once he's awake. So the one time I had him bring me the baby, he was up for the next 4 hours until he went to work. I usually fall asleep within 15-20 minutes.

OK, sorry, rant over.... That felt good.

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

6 weeks with DD
    10 weeks with DS
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by smiles33 View Post
    EXCEPT DH is the one who insisted DD move to her crib as he couldn't sleep with her in our room. I couldn't even use the baby monitor as her breathing kept him awake. Since I nursed exclusively, *I* was the one stumbling to the nursery every 2 hours to nurse for a year until DD1 finally slept through the night (even though I was working 50 hours/week OTH since she was 4 months old!).

His excuse is that he can't fall asleep again once he's awake. So the one time I had him bring me the baby, he was up for the next 4 hours until he went to work. I usually fall asleep within 15-20 minutes.

OK, sorry, rant over.... That felt good.
    Dh didn't always hear the boys but I woke him up and made him get them! No way was he going to get out of middle of the night duty! No way in the world!

In the early weeks we took turns sleeping with the boys so one could get uninterrupted sleep.

Beth

alirebco is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by smiles33 View Post
    Since I nursed exclusively, *I* was the one stumbling to the nursery every 2 hours to nurse for a year until DD1 finally slept through the night (even though I was working 50 hours/week OTH since she was 4 months old!).

Wow!! We moved DS into his room at 3 months but if he woke in the middle of the night, DH would always get him and bring him into the bed so I can nurse him laying down and go back to sleep. I sometimes would put him back in his room but sometimes he would just be there until morning. We all got so much more sleep that way. I would be pissed if I had to get up every 2 hours and I was working out of the house!
    A, mom to Ethan age 5.5 and L age 2

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

2m - 2.5m They all slept in the Bugaboo bassinet and our pedi said it was a good time for them to move out as they wouldn't notice at that time and would become accustomed to their own rooms. Worked like a charm all three times!

Around 2 months. Before that DS was in a co-sleeper in our room, which was convenient for feeding during the night. However, the sound of either DH or me rolling over or rustling the covers would frequently wake DS and make him cry if he wasn't in a deep sleep.

Moving DS to his own room was a smooth transition for him ... much harder for me the first couple of nights (I kept getting up to check on him). Within a couple of weeks, he started sleeping 8-9 hours every night. We've found that swaddling him with either a SwaddleMe or Halo SleepSack Swaddle makes all the difference in the world. His Sleep Sheep helps as well.

We do use a video monitor ... I don't think I would sleep well without it.
    ~ Becca

DS: 11/09
    DC: Arriving 12/11

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS from the very first day (we lived with my parents while our house was being worked on and we could not fit DS in the room with us. He slept in the room right next to ours).

DD-at 6 weeks we moved her to her own room.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

luza is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Ummm...she started sleeping in her own room at 2.5 years. But she still finds her way back into our bed when DH is traveling, when she is sick, or in the middle of the night if she gets lonely. Last year I made DH agree to getting a king size mattress. Best thing I ever did.
    The positive side is that I'm always cold and DD and DH are both furnaces so snuggling between them during the winter can be quite nice.

DS - about 10 weeks
    DD - about 6 weeks

Both my kids were pretty noisy sleepers as newborns. And the littlest noise would roust DD and then she'd be up screaming for a loooong time. So, off to their rooms they went!
    mommy to DS who is 9
    DD who is 6
    and my girl in heaven

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

DS1: 3 months
    DS2: 5 months
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast