llama8 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Jeep carrier- great

I got the Jeep carrier from BRU and absolutely love it. It was only $35.00, but it is wonderful. It allows the baby to face towards the mom or away and it is very comfotable. My DD is 12 weeks and loves it. It's very easy to get her in and out. I love that I can get things done around the house with my hands free while she is comfortable.

My daughter is a big girl..75% for height and weight and she fits great.

It is much cheaper than the BabyBjorn or Ergo.

I just figured someone looking for a great inexpensive carrier may be interested in a review.
    Last edited by llama8; 02-17-2010 at 12:18 PM.

I'm glad you like the carrier, and you are wearing your baby!

That said, this carrier is not the greatest. It is the bjorn type; it does not have a waist band, so that all of the weight of the baby is on your shoulders. An ergo type waist band puts the weight of the baby on your hips, which is much easier on your back. You can also use an Ergo well into toddlerhood, which is not possible with the bjorn type. Facing out is bad for your back. The weight of the baby falls away from you, placing more strain on you. Another concern is the leg hanging straight down position. Baby should be in a seated position; bum even with knees.