Default 30 month old not ready to PT? help!!!!

My 2.5 year old seems ready to be potty trained physically. The past 3 days i have had her sit on the potty every hour (sometimes even more often than that) and have her be naked much of the time. Lots of times she cries and has to be coaxed to sit on her potty. Not even ONCE has she gone pee in her potty. She will be in there for 10 min and then get up and come out to the living room and pee on the floor. Or she will cry and ask for a diaper and if one is put on her she immidiatly goes to the bathroom in it.

So does she seem as if she just isn't ready yet? isn't 2.5 getting a little old to be in diapers? I have no idea as this is my first child! help moms!

DD was not ready until she was 36 mos. Once she was ready, she PT'd in 2 days.

I'd back off, but keep talking about it with her, reading books, watching dvds about it and then try again in a couple of months.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

isn't 2.5 getting a little old to be in diapers?
    In Europe, yes. In the US, no. Most kids I know of start at age 3 (as often as not because preschools require it).
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DD is the same age and has absolutely no interest either. I'm sort of freaking out inside because I thought she would be trained by now (I don't know how many times my mother has told me I was trained by 2!) At the same time I am not forcing her because I want to do it on her own time.
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My pediatrician said that 3 was a reasonable goal for a girl and 4 was a good goal for a boy but not to get stressed if it tool more or less time. 2.5 is young, imo, and I don't think any harm will come from backing off for a bit.

Beth