Default Shlumpy babies in the BJCMD

Anyone out there have any suggestions on what to put in so they don't slouch down so much in their seats? I thought I'd heard to put cardboard behind them somehow but wasn't sure how to go about it.
    Thanks!

I have a BJCC and I used the support u bar in the back pocket as a template to cut a piece of leftover tile board we had in the garage to support the back (well, my dh did anyway). We then inserted the board into the back pocket. The board helped a lot with the slouching. The padding of the seat still makes it comfy. If you don't want to cut your own, you can buy one for $8. It's called a PE board. You can call BJ cs.

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

any strong cardboard (like the type in hard binders) will do. the opening is at the very top (at the edge) of the seat back (closed with velcro). you can just trace the seams of the seat back to get the right size and shape.

BeachBum is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

This is what twowhat? replied to me a while back. I found it very helpful...especially about the crotch strap/ harness.
    "
    I put heavyweight cardboard in the seatback pockets of my BJCMD. Helped a lot with the slouch issue. Also, a belly bar helps when they aren't old enough to have strong tummy muscles. But once their tummy muscles strengthen, it's not a problem for them to sit up and look around - my girls do it all the time and only lean back when they feel like resting. I don't connect the harness at the shoulders though - I loop it back around and connect it to the D-rings on the sides of the seat to change the 5-pt harness into a makeshift 3-pt harness that just goes around the hips, if that makes any sense. After I buckle them in, I lift them up briefly to settle their butts into the crease of the seat (since yeah, it's kinda easy for them to slouch) and they have no problem at all. It also helps to really shorten the crotch strap - it keeps them from sliding down into a slouch.
    "