alien_host is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Disboards.com questions

Which forums do you use most? I'm finding it a bit overwhelming over there!

I have accomodations booked and some ADRs I need to figure out game plans for our day, research restaurants some more.

What should I be looking at?

veronica is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I only recently joined too and get a headache after reading about 15 minutes. I find myself getting caught up in threads and it takes me from my original intention of logging on. I will log on to check out reviews of our hotel and then find something on a restaurant and get totally overwhelmed!

I also posted a few questions but don't seem to get that many responses while other threads get tons.....I haven't logged on in a while since I think it caused me to go a bit too nuts.

We just booked to go in April (yes, this april) and it will be our first time as a family . DH and I last went in 2002. I managed to get great ADR's for our week and have a park that I'd like to see each day we are there. Now , I just hope the weather cooperates according to our plans....

Iwill continue to check this thread for help on disboards too!
    DD 12/05
    DS 07/07
    Twin DS's 5.18.2011

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Really, you just need to read a few pages or do a search to get the info you need. It really repeats....

Before each trip I scan the Theme Parks forum for info about things that have changed since our last visit: parades, new shows or rides, etc.

I don't read the restaurant reviews anymore because there are people who love and hate each restaurant, so it's almost worthless.

I like to scan the Family forum also.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I visit the theme parks forum, but it gets repetitive as Beth said.

Restaurant forum is okay if you find the threads with pictures of the food and the restaurant, imo. I find pics much more useful because of the problem Beth mentioned with somebody loving and hating every place.

Camping forum because we are staying in a Cabin at FW.

Family forum and Budget forum when I get bored because I can usually find something interesting to read (but not necessarily useful for my trip )

California and the West planning and trip report forums because I love reading about vacations and seeing the pics.

But just doing a search and scanning a few pages should tell you more than you need to know!

I like theme park strategies.

There, you will get the ins/outs on how to manuever each theme park and the specific rides...for example...there is always lots of info about DHS and the ride "Toy Story Mania". Its a very popular ride for little kids up to adults.

You will see lots of opinions on whether EMHs (morning and evening) are any good.

There are discussions on the best places to find characters.

IMO...I found the boards less overwhelming after I read the Unofficial Guide. I read thebook from front to back...omitting the sections I was not interested in...yes, its a big book...but its very easy reading and you could skim it but still get the important info (I am a working mom with very little free time...I think I read in three nights...just an hour each night).

Once I read that book...then I had an idea what to look for on the boards.

Have a great time.

It can be a very overwhelming place. I was posting on the community board for a while last fall, and now I mostly hop between resorts, theme parks, family and transportation boards. We have another trip coming up in April so I'm on there quite a bit lately. If you have a question that doesn't get answered at first, bump it up because threads can move really quickly.

In your case, OP, I would probably look at the Dining forum and check out the Dining Reviews subforum. I'd also spend some time on the Theme Parks forum. Have you read the Unofficial Guide? That helped me so much, it's a great planning tool!

Good luck!
    R, Mom to
    noodle 10.16.04
    peepers 11.12.09

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    Before each trip I scan the Theme Parks forum for info about things that have changed since our last visit: parades, new shows or rides, etc.

I don't read the restaurant reviews anymore because there are people who love and hate each restaurant, so it's almost worthless.

This is what I typically do also.

I also love the Creative DISsigns forum (way at the bottom). Everyone is SO creative and I've had some wonderful images made that I then print out on to transfers and iron on to t-shirts. I also made the boys autograph books and Epcot passports from there.
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

alien_host is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks for the info. I need to look at the Theme Parks one.

I did feel like the restaurant one was repetive...like no one does a search LOL...

I do have the Unofficial Guide and have read a good chuck of it.

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It really is insanely repetitive. At least once a week you'll see threads on if you can sneak your kids on rides they are too short for, why Le Cellier is the best/worst thing ever, what Disney left out this year, how to get a better deal, if you really need to pay for your 3.5 year old, why kids are evil/why the world should revolve around someone's kid, and how badly X resort sucks b/c they didn't leave towel animals for the kids. Refillable mugs are another hot topic. Things are very heated over there regarding several issues, and there is a whole huge group of holier than thou types.

Anyway, yes, I ditto the Theme Parks board. I do get a kick out of the dining board, but it is always the same old over there, I like the Codes and Rates board, and Budget, Family, Photography, and Scrapbooking. The Family board has a sewing thread that I like too.
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10