bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default NBC's video on Canada

http://www.vancouversun.com/Brokaw+v...965/story.html

Video is at the bottom of the article.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks for posting, I hadn't seen it yet...a good piece.

Piglet is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Well done! I got a bit teary eyed.

Mommy to:

DS1 07/2001
    DS2 03/2005

DD1 05/2007

DD2 03/2014

Beautiful.
    Jenn
    M - my 7 yo ADHD/anxiety monkey.
    TT - my 4yo tiny terror.

"Swimming is not a sport. Swimming is a way to keep from drowning. That’s just common sense!" "I don’t have a fear of heights. I do, however, have a fear of falling from heights." “No comment” is a comment."
    "The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization."
    - George Carlan

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thank you sooo much for posting this. I, too, was a bit teary-eyed. DH and I missed this when it aired before the opening ceremony d/t our grumpy tired kids. THANK YOU...THANK YOU!! Canada is such an AMAZING country! It is hands-down our #1 destination whenever we have a free day to wander. Our kids like to go up there for the food and candy, but DH and I LOVE Canada for sooo many more reasons. Although, the candy is at the top of my list, too!
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

I don't want you to think that this is the only reason I go to Canada, but the post about candy reminded me...the potato chips in Canada are awesome! They remind me of the British ones. Ketchup potato chips are my faves, and they don't sell them here except in expensive British food boutiques. I also like dill pickle and smoky bacon, which I think are only in Canada, not Britain. Mmmm.

I've already said how much I like Vancouver. It's so cosmopolitan...I love the shopping and nightlife (obviously the last time I went was pre-kids!) And it's pretty. I've only been to Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal (and Mt. Tremblant for skiing) and Windsor...but I'm not sure Windsor counts! Oh, I've been to the Yukon too, that was gorgeous!

Wow, I've been to Canada more than I realized!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

EllasMum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I enjoyed this video enormously! Loved it! This morning, on the radio, I heard it being discussed, mostly favourably. The one comment/complaint the reviewer had was that there was little mention of the First Nations people and not much (if any?) mention of the Quebecois/french culture. Having said that, I loved it.
    ~~~
    Susan
    DD 08-2005
    Impatiently awaiting adoption match!
    Cure FOP - www.ifopa.org
    ~~~

Very nice, thanks for posting that. Sure it doesn't include everyone, or everything - I saw one shot of Quebec (Pl.-Jacques-Cartier here in Mtl.) and all of Atlantic Canada was represented by a few coastal shots - but hey, we're pretty big, you can't do it all in a short little presentation like that. And it makes sense to focus more on the west since that's where these games are being held.

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I FINALLY got to see this tonight. Very touching. Thanks for sharing Melissa!
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/