Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

1st pregnancy...completely thrilled
    DS1...excited and scared to death because I was afraid I'd have another miscarriage
    DS2...shocked and excited. Shocked b/c it took a year to get pregnant with DS1 and only 2 months with DS2.
    4th pregnancy...excited but scared to death about adding a third (even though we very badly want to). Now I feel guilty for being so scared.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

MamaSnoo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thrilled!!!! and madly in love. Exact words to DH the night I tested positive: "I love the baby."

The fear came later, as there were complications. But, nearly 2 years later, I am starting to forget about all that and I want to try for #2.
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    I hate to admit it, but mine was fear (even though it was planned). I was afraid of how my life would change, afraid of losing my independence, afraid of what it would do to my body, afraid of the actual birthing process....I could go on and on. I am so glad I had my kiddos, but boy, it was a process. There I said it. I have always been jealous of women who are so ecstatic right off the bat. Not me. Same with DS2 except that I added being terrified of my relationship with DS1 changing forever.
    yeah you pretty much summed up how I felt!

liamsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

For me, I came home from work early because I felt sick so I took a test. (We had been trying, but I'm really irregular, so there was a test already at home.) I was so shocked that I immediately went out and bought two more tests! We weren't trying THAT hard! I was pretty freaked like a lot of other people. I had just started grad school, but I didn't think I'd get pregnant so quickly. And I really wanted a natural birth at home, so that added to my anxiety. It wasn't until I was 5 or 6 months pregnant that I felt more comfortable with my pregnancy.

MoJo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

With DD#1, I'd say a quiet joy and happiness. I just lost my father that spring and had also been grieving over the thought of never having kids for a few years. (I was getting older, and we both had reasons to suspect fertility issues).

But I had also been praying about having a baby in June of 2008 for two full years, without telling anyone including DH. After nine years of marriage, we finally started trying to have a baby, and she was conceived the second month of trying. . . and born June, 2008, when I was 35 1/2 years old.

It was my DH and mom who were in disbelief. They had me take three more tests to be sure (they were all positive.)

With DD#2 on the way, an even quieter joy. She was conceived on the first attempt. I wasn't sure I was ready to be pregnant again (still not sure; it's been a hard pregnancy.) I always wanted 2-4 kids, and had planned to start trying again when DD would be 2 at the baby's birth. I was hesitating, but DH decided it was time to try again, motivated by the news that his brother was having a Down Syndrome baby and the thought that waiting wasn't necessarily the right thing to do. I have to agree that I think it's going to be a hard few years with two so close in age, but I vastly prefer that option over not having another child or the greatly increasing risks as I age. DD#2 is due one week after DD#1 turns 2.

I had already decided not to actually try for more after 2, but now we're both thinking 2 is enough for us.
    Jo

DD#1 "JellyBean" 6/08
    DD#2 "Ha" 6/10

"Theory is great, but as I'm in the trenches of diapers and dishes and ear infections, I try to relax and focus on what's most important: love."--mjs64

I felt disbelief and then was overjoyed. DH and I tried for 5 years... after trying on our own for 2 years, one operation to remove a fibroid, 5 months on Clomid, 4 unsuccessful IUI's, 1 unsuccessful IVF, we did a FET that was successful. After the transfer, I just didn't feel like it had worked. I called the nurses at my fertility office to ask them if I would get my period or the meds would make me miss it. The nurse said, "You're not going to get your period because YOU'RE PREGNANT!!" I just said, "Are you serious? Are you serious???" and then I just started crying. Writing about it takes me right back to that moment... happiest moment of my life!!!

I now have beautiful 4 1/2 year old b/g twins.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5