Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default What was your reaction when you first learned you were pregnant?

I hate to admit it, but mine was fear (even though it was planned). I was afraid of how my life would change, afraid of losing my independence, afraid of what it would do to my body, afraid of the actual birthing process....I could go on and on. I am so glad I had my kiddos, but boy, it was a process. There I said it. I have always been jealous of women who are so ecstatic right off the bat. Not me. Same with DS2 except that I added being terrified of my relationship with DS1 changing forever.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    I hate to admit it, but mine was fear (even though it was planned). I was afraid of how my life would change, afraid of losing my independence, afraid of what it would do to my body, afraid of the actual birthing process....I could go on and on. I am so glad I had my kiddos, but boy, it was a process. There I said it. I have always been jealous of women who are so ecstatic right off the bat. .
    This was me but then add to that list the guilt I felt when I miscarried the first one.

I felt a lot less of those scary emotions with the second pregnancy but they were still there. I didn't feel any of that with the third pregnancy, however, my mother had just died 3 months before I gave birth so I had a totally different array of emotions floating through my conscious and subconscious.....
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    This was me but then add to that list the guilt I felt when I miscarried the first one.
    DS1-1/09
    DS2-10/12

For the first one, that ended in stillbirth at 24 weeks, I felt nothing but dread. Mother's intuition on that one.

For DS and DD, it was pretty much just shock, even though we had been trying.
    mommy to DS who is 9
    DD who is 6
    and my girl in heaven

mamicka is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

#1 - excited & afraid of the unknown
    #2 - excited & tired
    #3 - excited & overwhelmed
    #4 - "holy crap"

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

With DS, I was surprised and ecstatic. Totally over the moon! We had waited quite a while to start TTC, and I was so ready when we did.

This time, it was really shocking, but I was happy, and a little nervous. We did try, but just once- seriously, once. We're both older, and I didn't think there was any way it would happen that quickly. I really had planned on waiting a couple more months, even though we'd been ready for over a year, just b/c we knew we had a big move and a Disney vacation planned. And it's a bit more intimidating this time around after what we've gone through with Jason- I was so blissfully ignorant the first time around, and b/c I'm worried about how adding to our family is going to effect him. Then there's the "Holy crap, we're starting over again." feeling, and some sadness b/c I'm afraid this will be our last. I'm in the midst of serious baby fever though, and the overwhelming feeling at this point is just plain excitement. I can't wait to snuggle an infant again!
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

With DS it was shock, followed by excitement and relief. We had been trying for many many months. I was scheduled to meet with my OB the next day to discuss trying Clomid. I decided to take a test- just in case- and was shocked it was positive. Both girls were surprises- so more shock I guess! With baby C, I believe the first words out my mouth were, "Oh sh&&&&&&t!!!" Can't imagine life without her now!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

With DD it was wow, that was quick I was off BCP for two weeks I think and I was pregnant.

With the baby we lost we started trying and it took 6 mos., our timing was off. I was happy, but the whole time I was pregnant I had a feeling something was wrong.

With this baby it was much more of the feeling like I had with DD. My dr. said we could start TTC two normal cycles after my D&E surgery and we'll we got lazy in August and voila (no over planning/stress) here I am due in May. I am a little freaked out about how we are going to afford 2 kids, but I was that way with DD too and we've made it work.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I was excited, but also scared.

We wanted DS so bad, but I knew the timing wasn't exactly as we had wanted it. He was our little surprise

That being said, we wouldn't change it for the world.
    ~Elle

DS1: 10/08 (the “tenager”)
    DS2: 07/18 (the wild one)

I was beyond thrilled with my first pregnancy. We had been trying for a year, with annovulatory cycles and finally Clomid. That pregnancy ended in an early m/c.

Four months later, I was again extremely excited (I found out 2 days before Christmas) but after losing a pregnancy, I don't think you can ever just simply enjoy those first weeks. Thankfully, DD arrived safely almost 42 weeks later!

My third pregnancy was very much planned and wanted and oh so much quicker (getting pregnant). I was so glad not to have to try for months (and years. Ds arrived safe and sound almost 42 weeks later.

If I found out today...well, I'd eventually be excited, but I really think I'm done. At least that's my plan!
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast