Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Moneypenny is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Simultaneous "Yippee!" and "Oh, Sh*t!"
    Moneypenny
    DD is 19!

Nechums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I cried because I thought it was ectopic pregnancy. I had been having a pain in my stomach and when I googled (I know, big mistake) "pain on left side", the first thing that came up was ectopic pregnancy. Right away I went to get a pregnancy test and when it came out positive, I freaked thinking that it was ectopic. I remember shoving the stick in DH's face, crying hysterically. Poor guy, didn't know what to do with me. Thankfully -- 9 months later we gave birth to a beautiful boy and I never googled anything pregnancy-related again!
    Proud mom to
    DS1, Sept 2008
    DS2, Apr 2011
    DD, Oct 2012

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Total excitement. We had been trying for almost 2 years. The only lingering trouble was that I found out the day dh was supposed to make a big career decision and I didn't want that to affect his decision. Not scared at all.

eta- with ds2 I had changed my mind about TTC and really thought I had not been active when I could have gotten pg. Must have failed cycle tracking 101. But, by the time I tested I had symptoms that were pretty sure I was pg and feeling much more ready for it. I was a bit overwhelmed but excited too.

Beth
    Last edited by SnuggleBuggles; 02-23-2010 at 08:47 PM.

Minnifer is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

When it appeared that maybe, just maybe, this pregnancy would be viable - after 2 years of trying, 5 pregnancy losses, 5 IVFs on maximum meds, and multiple IUIs - utter JOY!!!
    Lucky single mama to DD 5/08 and DS 6/11

DD1: Total, utter and complete disbelief, because we had been TTC for 3 years, and it was our third of four Clomid/IUI cycles before we would have had to try something else. This was followed by several weeks of complete terror that I would miscarry, which lessened quite a bit once I could start feeling her move and kick, but didn't really go away completely until she was born. (I slightly blame my RE, who wouldn't actually declare me "pregnant" until we saw the heartbeat around 7 weeks.) I was also very, very excited and happy, slighty worried about practical things (fixing up a very messy spare room, moving from two incomes to one) and really nervous about telling people. (I was seriously trying to get DH to move cross country with me so I wouldn't have to tell people until after the baby was born...I'm not entirely sure why I felt this way...?)

DD2: Again, a bit of disbelief (this time it was the first Clomid/IUI cycle!) and then total peace and joy. I don't know why, because of course there was still the possibility of something bad happening, but I had a little bit more faith in my body I guess. And it felt like *forever* until the first time we saw the heartbeat and we felt comfortable telling people, because I was so excited to tell people!

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

jenfromnj is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Moneypenny View Post
    Simultaneous "Yippee!" and "Oh, Sh*t!"
    The freaking out was mainly due to concern whether I'd be able to "measure up" as a mom. DS is almost a year old, and I've managed to keep him alive and relatively happy, so it seems to be working out OK so far .

cindys is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The first time, well, I lost my mind because I was just dating the guy and we fought all the time BUT I was excited about the baby and loved being pregnant...

I married the guy but it only lasted a year and I became a single Mother.

10 yrs later I remarried and after 4yrs of trying and many many IVF cycles we got pregnant and I was sooooo happy...OMG, I remember that feeling and it was just pure happiness and joy.

And when we got pregnant again, I was just as thrilled!!

I have loved being pregnant and am sad I wont get to experience that again but so thankful I got to experience it 3 times

Cindy
    Mama to 3 boys...18, 3 & 16mos

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

1) Complete and utter shock. I was in the ER with severe pain and loss of consciousness, and had no clue that being pregnant was part of that equation. Ended up in surgery for an ectopic. (DH and I were not married yet and were not trying to get pg)
    2) Surprise and a tiny bit of dissapointment as I had only been married a month. Lots of anxiety about it being another ectopic, which it was.
    3)Reservation- Please let the 3rd time be the charm! (This was the most exciting of all of them, as it was the most "planned".)
    4) Disbelief that it happened so fast after trying only 2 months, anxiousness about the ectopic thing, and a bit of apprehension about the long road I knew was ahead with the pregnancy.

With all the ectopic drama (in addition to other high risk pregnancy issues I ended up having) I never was able to look very long term with the pregnancies. Like I never contemplated relationship changes or anything like that. It was always kinda day by day for me.
    DD
    DS

mecawa is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

With DD1--fear, and a little surprised (although she was very planned, I thought it would take me longer to get pregnant)
    With DD2-- fear

KrystalS is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

With my 1st I was 20 had only been married 6 months. I always knew I wanted kids early. Went off my BC and was pregnant within 2 weeks. I was completely shocked at first that it happened so fast! At the same time I was thinking 'Wow its a good thing I always took my BC cause that happened quick!'. But then I was really excited!
    This time, once again it happened within 2 weeks. DH was home from Afghanistan for R&R. We knew we wanted to try but I was doubtful it would happen. After I got the positive test I was really excited but once it sunk in I started thinking my life is totally going to change! Especially if DH ever deployed again I will be doing it with 2 kids on my own. DD loves babies though and I think she will really love helping...at first anyway!!
    -Krystal

DD 2/04
    DS 10/5/10

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast