Default What Did She Say?

In the women's figure skating the girl who just skated who's mother passed two nights ago. After she skated she looked at the camera waiting for her score and said something incredibly heartfelt in French. They didn' translate it on NBC. Do any of you know what it was she said?
    Angelina
    DD 10/6/08
    DS 9/10/13

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I saw it, but didn't hear it. She was definitely talking to/about her mother (maman).
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

I just saw it and noticed she did say mama.
    DS1-1/09
    DS2-10/12

I didn't hear what Joannie Rochette said either, but here's an article from my, and her, local paper: http://www.montrealgazette.com/proud...story.html#fin

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I couldn't hear anything specific, but I was also crying at the time..did you hear Scott Hamilton trying to remain composed while he was commentating???

I can't even begin to imagine the strength it took for her to skate. I remember the days following my mothers death when I was 22, to be able to put your mind and body in that place to be able to perform was incredible and shows the strength her mother obviously instilled in her.

Oh yeah, I was crying. I caught her saying something about her mother but It's been almost ten years since I've taken a course in French and she was speaking way too fast for me to even try and catch it. Thanks for the link! The story is just so touching. I really lost it when they panned the camera out to her dad who was crying.
    Angelina
    DD 10/6/08
    DS 9/10/13

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

What a story....like the Go World stories from last week!
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

Quote Originally Posted by shawnandangel View Post
    I really lost it when they panned the camera out to her dad who was crying.
    That wasn't her dad - he was misidentified as such to NBC.