Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    I don't want to know, but we got hit by all the "major" snowstorms on the East Coast with significant snowfall amounts since 12/19 ... all 3 events dumped 12"+ on us. We didn't get mail for several days after the last one because the plowbank in front of our mailbox was too high & deep for the truck to get near the box.

At least we didn't lose power during the last one; my mom did and she ended up having to head to a hotel.
    We have a community mailbox, due to snow. They plow the 10 or so in our neighborhood. Each box holds 50-100 houses mail...
    Mama to Bumbee. A VERY busy girl...
    Making me a VERY Mama.

It's funny. I always thought "back East " there was so much snow. But here in the mountains of Arizona we get sooooo much more.
    Making me a VERY Mama.

Quote Originally Posted by almostamom View Post
    None here in the Phoenix 'burbs but we're heading to Flagstaff this weekend for a ski trip. The day I graduated from NAU, May 10, 1991, it snowed.

Linda
    PM me if you want any info.... Plan on getting to Snowbowl before 9, as sometimes due to a lack of parking they stop letting cars up...DH has a pas, he will be there on Sun. We are supposed to get snow Saturday, the last storm dropped Southwest powder, very nice. We got almost a foot in town, so the Peaks surely got more!
    Making me a VERY Mama.

ilfaith is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

None. But some parts of Florida (even to the south of us) did get a dusting a few weeks back. It has been an unusually cold this winter. Did a number on the citrus and strawberries...not to mention our littlest palm tree.

I went to college in Syracuse, and remember one year on the morning I went to take my last final in May there were about two inches of fresh snow on the ground. Happy to leave that behind to start my summer vacation.

Well, now I don't know.
    I've heard from several people that we've had
    over 200 inches this year here in Lake Tahoe.
    Not sure where I find
    the information to get actual facts.

Quote Originally Posted by graciebellesmomma View Post
    Well, now I don't know.
    I've heard from several people that we've had
    over 200 inches this year here in Lake Tahoe.
    Not sure where I find
    the information to get actual facts.
    I think because the pop. of SLT is under 30,000 and places like Truckee, Incline, and Tahoe City are so small, they aren't usually counted.... Truckee gets like 200" per year average.

We had an article in our paper saying that if we had 100,000 people we would beat out Syracuse as the snowiest city in the lower 48.
    Making me a VERY Mama.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3