viba424 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Arrgh! Stokke sheets! What do you do?

I am so annoyed with Stokke right now. Their sheets are so expensive and hard to find. They have only three colors and now Ive learned one of those is discontinued!

I dont know if they are trying to force you to buy a bedding set, but those dont make sense to me because they are so pricey and you only get one bottom sheet.

Right now I need a bassinet sheet because DD spits up all the time but all I can get is white!

For those of you who have this crib/bassinet system, what do you do?!?! Would you ever buy a white sheet? Ugh. My only other options are online retailers that charge big shipping fees and sales tax.

Karinyc is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Don't have the system, so I can't comment about their use, but have you tried Etsy?

http://www.etsy.com/search_results.p...=stokke+sheets

I would check w/a seamstress and see if they can make some. It seems like a simple pattern & I can't imagine them charging much if you purchase the fabric.

I've also seen them on Amazon and Ebay.

maydaymommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have a stokke crib (2 actually in use). Ds2 is about to outgrow the mini & Ds1 needs to go to the jr bed. I get sheets from stokke, and also I had ds1's bedding made by Bebe Chic, so I had matching sheets.

My MIL easily made regular crib sheets into sheets to fit the full sized stokke crib mattress, so if you know anyone who sews, that's a good option. Honestly, now that ds1 is older, I have put a regular crib sheet on it and it is fine. I'm not worried about it coming up like I would be with an infant.

Have you looked into sheets by the few companies that make stokke bedding?

I have an unused, custom made mini sheet.

Definitely check etsy & custom seemstresses. If you have one sheet, someone could "copy" it for you.
    Big Brother 5/07
    Little Brother 9/09

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by viba424 View Post
    I am so annoyed with Stokke right now. Their sheets are so expensive and hard to find. They have only three colors and now Ive learned one of those is discontinued!

I dont know if they are trying to force you to buy a bedding set, but those dont make sense to me because they are so pricey and you only get one bottom sheet.

Right now I need a bassinet sheet because DD spits up all the time but all I can get is white!

For those of you who have this crib/bassinet system, what do you do?!?! Would you ever buy a white sheet? Ugh. My only other options are online retailers that charge big shipping fees and sales tax.
    I seriously love the look/usability of this crib, but I remember when I was reading the Baby Bargains book in 2005 and the main complaint about it was not being able to find sheets. We got a hand me down crib (we knew the history of) and decided to use that but I most likely would'nt have settled on the Stokke crib because of the sheet issue. Good luck.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

viba424 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Ive looked online and found one seller that does great full size stokke sheets but never saw anybody that does custom mini sheets. I knew going in that the sheets are expensive, but I think what got me is that they only have about three colors and one of those is unavailable. You would think they would have a goldmine if they made more sheet options!

For your bassinet phase, how many sheets do you use? I sure wished I would have moved sooner on that turquoise.

You said you got yours from Stokke? Did you buy directly from them?

sste is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't like the stokke crib sheets at all. They don't fit right and you have to fuss with them so they don't pull the mattress up. The round sheets from Dwell are similarly priced and MUCH, MUCH nicer.

Also, we have been completely fine with only two sets of sheets.

Andi98989 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Can you use a regular sheet saver with it? We don't have a Stokke crib, but we only have 2 crib sheets and a few sheet savers; all of DS's spit up is caught on the sheet saver so we just throw that in the wash and don't have to change the sheet all the time. Very handy.
    DS1 - Oct. '09

maydaymommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sste View Post
    I don't like the stokke crib sheets at all. They don't fit right and you have to fuss with them so they don't pull the mattress up.

I completely agree. It took me forever to figure out the mini mattress wasn't defected, it was just that the sheet & mattress cover were not on right. Even the full sized is hard to put on. Besides the difficulty with the shape, I think they are good quality. LOVE my bebe chic sheet though, and the dwell ones are nice, too.
    Big Brother 5/07
    Little Brother 9/09