View Poll Results: where do you shop?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • local <than 5 location market

18 14.75%
  • larger national chain (Safeway/Vons, Kroger/Ralphs, Albertsons, etc.)

59 48.36%
  • regional market (Wegmans, is the only one I can think of)

44 36.07%
  • Target, Walmart

21 17.21%
  • Super Target or Super Walmart

24 19.67%
  • Trader Joes

58 47.54%
  • Whole Foods

31 25.41%
  • farmers market/CSA

30 24.59%
  • local farm for meats, veggies, dairy

5 4.10%
  • delivery service

9 7.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    MoJo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Meijer, Kroger, and Super Walmart; all are 10 minutes from my house. Occasionally IGA if I ran out of something, because it's on my way home from work, and nothing else is.

The local store STINKS, literally, even when I'm not pregnant.

TJ's is cool but it's an hour drive, so it's a very occasional thing. . . too far in the winter if the roads are snowy, and too far in the summer because DH won't come straight home afterwards, and even a cooler won't keep things cold enough.

The closest farmer's market is 1/2 hour away, and I have to interrupt DH's weekend plans to go.

There's a brand new CSA in the county where I work, but I'm pretty sure I live too far away to participate.
    Jo

DD#1 "JellyBean" 6/08
    DD#2 "Ha" 6/10

"Theory is great, but as I'm in the trenches of diapers and dishes and ear infections, I try to relax and focus on what's most important: love."--mjs64

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

This is one reason living out in the boonies sucks. I try to do the bulk of my shopping at WF and TJ. They are insanely far away though- like 45 mins+. Once every 3-4 weeks, I take every cooler we own, and go stock up. Of course, fresh stuff isn't going to last that long though, so I have to fill in with stuff from Publix. They do carry some organics, but they are typically more expensive than they'd be at WF and TJ's, so I hate doing that- the milk is a tiny bit less though.

We really want to buy an upright freezer, and start shopping for even more at a time, and buying beef buy the 1/2 or 1/4. I really need to familiarize myself with more of our local options, b/c I know there are some, you just have to hunt.
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

costco, walmart and sharp shopper (discount scratch and dent grocery store). I do walmart weekly, DH works next to costco so he picks up milk etc there and then I go to sharp shopper once a month or so to stock up on stuff.
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

I checked 5 different options!

1.There's a little local grocery that I go to frequently, but don't usually do my weekly shopping there. There's another little grocery nearby that is mostly "gourmet," but they do have some local items (wine, dairy) that are nice treats every now and then, plus awesome sandwiches.

2.There's the big chain that I go to for my weekly shopping, as they have a grocery shopping service - order online, and just drive up and they load your groceries in your car.

3.I work near Whole Foods, and pop in during the week to buy lunch, and milk, and some other items.

4.I have gotten beef and eggs from local farms.

5.And when the farmers markets are open (April - Oct/Nov), I go weekly.

We live about an hour away from TJ's, and go there about twice a year, but I didn't check that.

And, I do a local Frontier coop a couple times a year for spices and things.

I never go to Walmart. I never go to Sam's/Costco. I do go to Target, but not for grocery items (though I may pick some up while there) b/c my Targets don't really have a full grocery.
    mommy to DS who is 9
    DD who is 6
    and my girl in heaven

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5