Default 1st birthday party

we are having our son's 1st bday party at a pizzeria. i know that he may not be able to eat pizza by then, but a pizza party seems like a good median btw an adult party and a 1yo who won't remember this day! we don't know too many kids, prob 5 with my son being the youngest.

any suggestions on the type of theme (ie cars/trucks, baby einstein)? if not the food, at least he will appreciate the decor (i hope) :/ or should i have a more general theme with simple balloons, etc since it is a pizzeria.

tiapam is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Soon enough he'll want to pick his own theme, so I would just do something that you like. It's your day too! I think balloons are a fine general theme for a one year old. They look good in pictures and your DS will probably love them.
    -Pam

DD: 6 YO
    DS: 3 YO

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

there are tons of 1st birthday themed party goods. I have ordered from this site a bunch of times and have always been happy with my purchases

http://www.birthdaydirect.com/1st-bi...lies-c-33.html

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

First birthdays are so fun! Are you going to let him get really messy eating cake? If yes bring a change of clothes We did a construction trucks theme for my son's third birthday and it was very easy to pick up party favors (small play trucks) and decorate.

The only downside to balloons is that if you have bigger kids who might pop them, the broken pieces are a choking hazard for your one year old. That's been an issue for us and it's a pain to have to chase down all the broken balloon pieces.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I bought the 1st b-day generic themed stuff. I wanted to really celebrate that he was having tha milestone b-day. The character stuff can wait, imo, unless you love one of them and they have a "1" themed of it.

Beth