Question Need SMALL convertible car seat to booster!?

I would really like some recommendations for small car seats. My daughter is 5 and still fits in her Britax Marathon but I am SICK AND TIRED of having to sit in the backseat with her because we have to push the front passenger seat forward so she has leg room!!! The seat is good in harness to 65lbs which I love but c'mon!!! We've recently noticed we're having buckle issues and instead of buying a new harness set for it we figured we might as well upgrade to something that had a higher harness weight limit (80lbs) and then becomes the boosters. In comes the gigantic Frontier.

We bought a Frontier without me thinking about being forced into the very uncomfortable backseat (only having to be done during 5+ hour long car trips. YAY... these things become habit so you forget how much it really ... rots.

We are still trying to install the thing but that aside, this thing allows for even less leg room from the look of it!

Please help me find a smaller seat with a high harness weight limit that converts to a booster? Pretty please? Please let something like this exist!!

If that is impossible, if someone knows of a small booster seat that's very safe for later that we could use, that info is helpful too!

Jen

PS. This is going into an 04 Toyota Matrix!

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

There isn't a harnessed seat that converts to a booster that I would consider small. Basically, your options are the FR or the Nautilus. You could try the GN, but you might have the same issue.

The Radian might work really well in that vehicle, but it does not convert to a booster.

Another option if your child is over 40lbs is to go to a booster. The Parkway is pretty small.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011