Default Potty training twins...two potties or one?

We are still way away from potty training, but D seemed at least vaguely ready for the introduction phase, so I bought a potty, which she refuses to even sit on (guess she wasn't ready after all!) But then I realized maybe each girl should have their own? How do you all do it? I'd really appreciate some guidance. Thanks!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

we just had one little potty. It wasn't really a problem. But we also have an insert for the regular toilet, so in a true emergency one could sit on that.

Because we are in a one bathroom house, we still have the little potty for emergencies! Often they sit next to each other while pottying! (one on the big and one on the little). sigh... we need a bigger house.

caheinz is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Well, my little boys sometimes like to sit on the potty... so I ended up getting two of the IKEA ones for each the upstairs and downstairs bathrooms.

They aren't really potty training yet, but since they like to sit (especially at bathtime), I didn't want to discourage them in any way...
    mommy to three boys: A, 3/04
    and identical twins B and D, arrived 9/08

sue_g is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I would definitely recommend at least two potties. We had two in the downstairs bathroom and one in the upstairs bathroom.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)