Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Prefolds should be good to sell too, but they are so heavy that the shipping on them will eat into the selling price I am sure.
    Yes, I've decided it's a better investment to save my prefolds for cleaning cloths than to sell them LOL!

Maybe this is only an issue when you spread your kids out by 5.5 years.
    Maybe. But I've been trying to sell them on and off for 4 years without a lot of success.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by maestramommy View Post
    People always talk about resale. But I bought EUC covers for $5 and $7 each! They are orginally $12 retail. The women who sold them to me are not making very much on resale, imo. And if I bought them for $5, how can I in good conscience sell them for the same amount when they most likely will NOT be in EUC by the time I'm done with them? Anyway, I that's one reason I don't factor in resale when talking about cloth diapers. I will try to sell or give them away because once I'm done I don't want them hanging around But I don't expect to recoup much in way of costs. I've also be very lucky in that some diapers were practically given to me (for the price of shipping only), so I didn't buy everything in my stash. I think it's different if you buy a whole stash of BGs or FBs new, which I did consider when I first looked at CDing.
    I hear you. I can only speak from my experience though and I was able to resell all of the diapers I used for T very well. I suppose it may have helped that he potty trained early so my diapers were not shot to hell or anything. And there were things I bought for say $8 and sold for $6-7, seriously. Having a local market for cloth may have helped. Usually locally on Craigslist or a local parenting club. Did not sell many online.

From the about $300 I have spent on F (most of his diapers are a diapering life supply of covers and prefolds I got used for $75 total), even if I don't resell them it does not come close to the price of 2-4 years of paper (unless I do free coupons, which I will never get slick enough to do for a whole lot of diapers).
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by stillplayswithbarbies View Post
    I was surprised to find out that most of my diapers are shot after one kid. I wish there was more information back then on what diapers lasted long enough to resell. I wasted a lot of money on SOS and Firefly, which were nice diapers, but the elastic is totally gone in them. Some of the SOS were not even used, just bought and stored for the next kid and the elastic is still gone. Fuzzibunz too, although I was able to have the elastic replaced in those and they are still fine to use with the second kid.

My Righteous Baby and ElBee are fine, so hopefully I will recoup some money on those, but by now no one probably recognizes the name and I will end up giving them away in two years when we are done with them.

Prefolds should be good to sell too, but they are so heavy that the shipping on them will eat into the selling price I am sure.

Maybe this is only an issue when you spread your kids out by 5.5 years.
    And obviously reselling hyena dipes is going to be a crapshoot with what is "in" at the moment you are ready to sell. I hear ya on the 5.5 year gap- I was like "What the heck are goodmamas??!!"
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7