niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default "Cook This Not That", "Eat This Not That"

I picked up these 2 books at Coscto, $10.95 each. T

Eat This Not That
    Tells you what to choose at major restaurants, plus some general advice on ordering at restaurants/take out places. I got this for DH to read. I thought I knew what to order, but I learned some things too.

Cook This Not That
    Has healthier takes on a number of different meals. I would make many of these recipes.

Last night we had potstickers from TJ's but stirfried with snap peas and edamame - they had a yummy sauce from soy sauce, rice wine vinegar (I had rice wine and rice vinegar, I've never heard of rice wine vinegar, so I put a little of both in) with a dash of chili sauce. Their calorie count was about 220 calories - I put it at a little higher as my pot stickers were 7 for 230 calories...but still low cal as not much in the beans and tablsp. of sauce.
    Tonight it is Tomato tortilla soup with a salad, vegetables for DS

I have the the Eat This Not That for Kids book and really like having it. Some things are fairly obvious but there were definitely some surprises. I'm definitely going to pick up the Cook This Not That book, didn't realize it existed. Thanks for the review!
    ~Leslie

Ryan 8/00

Matthew 2/03

"We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation.It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path."~ Paulo Coelho