Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default long-sleeve onesies??

ok so at night i have been putting DS in a long-sleeve onesie because he does NOT like his arms swaddled at all (he likes his arms out) and so we just want to keep his arms covered somehow while he's in his sleep sack so they don't get too cold. we keep the house pretty cold (69 degrees) since i worry about SIDS and dont want his room to get too stuffy. anyway we have a really great 4-pack Carters set of long-sleeve onesies that i got as a gift at my baby shower (the kind with the little cars/trucks on them). I went to Carters yesterday to find another set of long-sleeve onesies for boys since we use them so much and plus DS is growing so fast and will need 6 mo size very soon. well anyway much to my surprise, they only had ONE set of long-sleeve onesies for boys and they were the same print i already had! the only other kind they had was the plain white kind, which seemed kinda boring (i had been hoping there would be at least one set that had some sort of print on it, like a jungle theme, or frogs, monkeys etc).

i guess i am just so surprised that there were so few long-sleeved onesies..are these really that rare? the store had like a trillion short-sleeve onesies and tons of long-sleeved sleepers but long-sleeve onesies seemed to be a foreign concept there. it is just because winter is mostly over already? i mean, what else do they expect you to use with sleep sacks in the winter? i mean i guess i could use a long-sleeved sleeper under the sleep sack but that seems like overkill (could get too warm), plus it's a pain to do all of the snaps (and then redo them) when u have to do a diaper change at 4 am.

anyway if anyone knows another store/brand that sells good quality long-sleeved onesies, i'd like to know! i only checked out Carters because that was the same brand as the one we already had and i knew i liked the style of them (very stretchy, accommodates cloth diaper nicely)

We had this same problem when shopping for long-sleeved onesies for DS. We found that Gerber has some that are sold at Target (but those are also notoriously hard to find.)
    We found our best bet was to get them from the Gap (buying clearance, using discounts, etc.) Be careful, though, because some of the Gap ones run large around the neck, so it seemed like DS's neck was always exposed.
    Mom to Mr. Sunshine 9/08
    and Miss Happiness 3/11

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Your problem is time of year. Most stores will have switched over to short sleeve. I would check:
    Target (their Just One Year brand is a Carter's brand)
    Old Navy
    Gap
    Kohl's

We did zip up sleepers over short sleeved onesies with a swaddle blanket on top, depending on temp.

Beth

WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We do sleepers/pj's with a sleepsack over it, and our house is supposedly at 69. HOWEVER, if you can bear with boring (which we love) I would HIGHLY recommend the plain white Carter's l/s and s/s onesies sold in the 4 and 5 packs at the outlet. They are the most utilitarian items that we've used over and over and over with 1DD and 2DSs. The quality, cut, and sizing are consistent. Those things are precious to us.

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

yes, they are rare, but as another poster said, it's also the wrong time of year.

You can get white LS Carter's at BRU. If he's just wearing them to bed, does it matter if they have a design on them?
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

I don't know if they have any of the long-sleeved ones in stock, but BRU also sells Carter's.

You could also check at TJ Maxx & Marshall's.
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009

BRU (saw recently), Baby Depot inside Burlington Coat Factory, TJ Maxx. I saw some at Kohls the other day also. I'm talking about the plain white ones.
    DS1-1/09
    DS2-10/12

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We do cotton long sleeve sleepers with sleep sacks. We also have quite the stock of long sleeve plain white onesies. Great layering item.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

arivecchi is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I love the long-sleeve white onesies from Carters! They are so great. I would call Carters outlets near you.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thx everyone for the responses. i will try Target and BRU. and actually the Carters store i went to yesterday was an outlet, and they had the plain white long sleeve onesies in a 4 or 5 pack for $12 which seemed perfect except i guess i was kinda holding out to see if there were some with designs on them. if i can't find any then i will just get those. i agree Carters onesies are the best, they are the only kind that seem to hold up really well in the wash plus they stretch A LOT so they are great for accomodate the bulky cloth diapers. we had bought a 5 pack of the plain white short-sleeve Carters onesies in the newborn size and they were great, but he outgrew them faster than you can say Jack Robinson. lol
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 03-05-2010 at 11:48 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast