PRmommy is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Tell me about the ERGO

I have a Baby Bjorn and a BECO II. I'm not 100% fond of either one. My GF is looking at carriers and asked me about the ERGO the other day. I know they are highly recommended but don't know anything about them. Can you tell me what makes ERGOs so great?

Thanks!

While searching the boards I found this same question asked a few months ago. Should have searched first.

If anyone has anything else to add, I'd love to hear any other comments.

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I really like mine. I could not have lived without it on my recent ski trip. It works really well for older babies (5 months plus). I like that is fairly easy on and off, and that it adjusts. However, I think it is very similar to the Beco. Why don't you like that one?
    DD
    DS

I find the BECO hard to put on and take off.
    With the Bjorn I just put in on and pop my DS in. With the BECO I'm always adjusting straps and tweaking it, then struggling to get him in. Perhaps if I used it more I'd get the hang of it, but b/c of the issues putting it on I've leaned towards the Bjorn. My DH hates the BECO.

wendibird22 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have both a Beco and an Ergo. I think they are very similar. I'm short and prefer the Beco...better fit. The Ergo's straps are a bit chunkier with padding and the material is a bit thicker/heavier (more a canvas like material). IIRC...haven't used either in a while. As for how you wear them, how they go on/off, the carries, etc. they are very similar.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

I really like my Ergo (and I'm 5' tall). I like it so much I bought another one (one for the car and one for the house). My DH likes it too, and he's 6'1". It's pretty comfy, and DS has used it since he was a few months old. He really likes to be held a lot, so having the extra help from the Ergo is really nice. I don't have a Bjorn or a Becco, so I can't comment on that.

Default love the ergo

It has been great. My daughter used to sleep really well in it with Daddy as a baby and now runs around the condo with me. I'm learning new carrying positions. We've used it from newborn to 8 months now. I find the mei tai quicker to put on but the straps are so long!