lorinick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Question about early pregnacy.

Don"t know if I'm pregnant. Hoping not. I was treated with a UTI. It started on Feb. 18 and I had meds called in. But never took them cause all signs went away. Four days later they were back. I picked up the drug and started taking it. After stopping meds I still wasn't feel like the urge to pee was gone. I had a uraine test done. That was last Mon. no one ever called me with results. I wasn't to concerned since it seems to stop. It started yesterday again. I had a tuff night.
    My question is did anyone pee that much or feel that they had to pee that much before missing a period? Not one of my first signs. So anyone chime in. I'm freaking out. Wondering what is going on. How it starts and stops. Sorry for rambling.

I did. With my older DD, I would pee before leaving the house, and then have to run right to the bathroom when I got to work (only a 25 minute drive, too!)

That said, if this isn't your first UTI, they sometimes need to get more exotic with the type of antibiotic needed to kill everything. Call them and get the results - if you had one, maybe the antibiotic didn't kill everything.
    Catherine

Mom to:
    DD#1 3/07
    DD#2 10/08

and "Bonus Mom" to:
    DSD
    DSS#1
    DSS #2

[QUOTE=vejemom;2652786]I did. With my older DD, I would pee before leaving the house, and then have to run right to the bathroom when I got to work (only a 25 minute drive, too!)

That said, if this isn't your first UTI, they sometimes need to ge wish they would call back with my results.

Has anyone heard sweet tea or tea in general can make you have to pee more?

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sometimes I just have to pee a lot for no apparent reason. Often it happens not long before my period, but not always.

I will never pretend to understand how my body works.

Hope you get the answers you want.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

tea is a diuretic, and it can make you pee more. I drink a ton of crystal light....and when I am in a thirsty phase, I can pee like 20 times a day!! If I'm drinking a lot.
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

UTIs can sometimes come back if the first antibiotics don't work all the way -- and they can spread upwards and become a serious kidney infection. So I'd call the doc and have another urine test done ASAP if you think it might be a UTI.

To answer your other question, I've never heard of frequent peeing being a symptom of very early pregnancy -- but tea (especially caffeinated tea) can make you go a lot.

Good luck!
    Emma in Bermuda
    Mama to furkids Beau and Mattie
    DS1 born June 2010
    DS2 born November 2012

Thanks to everyone who replied.. I'm not prego. Thank godness. I did still have a UTI from the results from the week before. I retested and all is fine. So back off the meds. I have not been drinking any sweet tea and I'm feeling much better. It was an awful feelings. I kept feeling as if I could go and go. I couldn't get comfortable. I miss my tea though.