Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I like the Maya Wrap for nursing and easy on/off (like when in and out of the car a lot running errands). Like the Moby Wrap (or similar) for general wearing but I found it challenging to nurse in and a bit of a pain to take on/off a lot. I never (or more accurately, my babies never) liked pouch slings. I've yet to master the Mei Tai but I plan to give it an other go when this babe-to-be gets big enough.

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We used a Bjorn with #1 and I got a Hotsling with #2. I love my Hotsling pouch! I tried a Mei Tai... too much in the way of straps etc. The Pouch is so easy and my kiddo loved it in the hip carry when he was bigger.

IF we have another I would like to get an Ergo/Pikkolo/Beco. My husband really liked the ease of using a Bjorn so I think he would really like an Ergo. I would get him a pouch as well in his size!

My neighbor had a carrier that was very much like a Mei Tai in structure but she had rings on it (so no tying) and it was great, I think it was called a Mypouch? I would consider trying one of those out too!

m448 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Here's one article that would serve as a storting off point about the spinal pressure:

http://continuum-concept.org/reading/spinalStress.html

A good position for baby in any sling or SSC is knees bent and above the level of their bottom so their weight is spread across their butt instead of at a pressure point. This also happens to be the more secure way to carry baby in the sling as you're creating a pouchlike seat for the baby from which it's harder to slip or fall out.
    Herding my flock of 4 kids, all 12 and under.

Loved my kissed baby ring sling. The brocade fabric was gorgeous and totally held it's shape.

http://shop.kissedbaby.com/product.s...7&categoryId=8
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2