Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    spanannie is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KpbS View Post
    Rice krispie treats might be ok if there isn't any gluten or caramel coloring in the cereal (not sure). They are a quick and easy treat style snack.
    Rice Krispies brand is not gluten free.
    Annie ~
    Mom three Junebugs: 9, 7 and 3

My go-to is Pamela's Baking Mix. I use it in everything from specifically GF recipes to substituting in "regular" recipes. I think the stuff I bake is delicious and and no different than food with gluten. The only thing is that it has almond flour in it, so you have to check on nut allergies.

I would avoid oats, even GF oats. I can not tolerate GF oats, but some people can.

Really, gluten free is not as bad as it sounds. After 5 years, it doesn't bother me a bit.
    Annie ~

Quote Originally Posted by mytwosons View Post
    DS1 has celiac.
    glutino also makes good gluten free cookies.
    The wafer cookies are awesome!

I also love Lucy's Cinnamon Thins and Ian's Animal Crackers!

My non-GF kids like all that I mentioned above.
    Annie ~

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

The nearest TJs isn't that close, but we do make monthly pilgrimages to stock up on certain items. I've seen quite a few GF things there, including the brownie mix. So I'll look again, thanks!
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

I'm going to echo what many have already said.

As a mom of two girls with many many food sensitivities, thank you for thinking of that other child. You have no idea how lucky I feel when we find a child who will eat a snack that my girls can't have and not smack their lips together and tell my girls just how great that food is and that they'd just die if they couldn't eat it. The best scenario we hope for is passing time with people who eat their snacks/meals and we eat ours without much comment. The idea that you not only want to include that other child's needs but BAKED?! You are a true friend and a wonderful human being. Previously I would have thought that most people would be like you, but now I can tell you that you are in the smallest minority of people. I know you didn't post your question to hear this, but you have truly given that child an invaluable gift. Allowing my girls to not feel so different is the biggest gift that anyone can give to me or to them.

Pamela's makes two types of cookies. One type are, I think, called snaps or bites and are crispy and smaller. Then there are the larger, softer cookies. Love their brownie mix. Making a flourless chocolate cake isn't tough since you're willing to bake. You can find some great recipes on "Living Without"'s website, too.

As someone else mentioned, there is also Enjoy Life which makes soft baked style cookies. They seem really packed with sugar (never checked the content just feel really buzzed after eating them!) but taste yummy.

Because we have to avoid a lot more than gluten, we tend to eat more fruit. Fruit leather, apple squishers from Trader Joe's, and dehydrated or dried fruit. Ener-G Foods makes yummy pretzels if the child can have corn. Bob's Red Mill has a recipe for pizza dough that's great on the side of their chick pea/fava bean flour bag or website. There's also a great ice cream that's made with coconut milk that our Stop and Shop sells. Not sure if the child can have other icecreams since we're not just g-free.

I have to run right now but just had to post and thank you for thinking of that child!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3